Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
No @Arch twas just a picture on face ache that Twinings put up I shall peer and see if there is a pattern

Have found this but no pattern http://www.ohafternoonsnacks.com/related-items-cozy-mug-sweaters.php

there are lots of patterns here but no arms http://www.mybookezzz.com/knitted-mug-cosy-pattern/

Last edited:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Aha found it or similar, It says "easy" would a learner person be able to do that @Arch

Knitting Needle Size: 6 or 4 mm, Double-Pointed Knitting Needles (DPNs)

Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)

Measurements: To fit mug measurement: Approx 10¼" [26 cm] around x 4" [10 cm] tall.

Gauge: 21 sts and 27 rows = 4" [10 cm] in stocking st.

Materials:

• Size 4 mm (U.S. G/6) crochet hook for ties
  • Size 4 mm (U.S. 6) knitting needles. Set of four size 4 mm (U.S. 6) doublepointed knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge
  • Lily Sugar’n Cream® (70.9 g/2.5 oz; 109 m/120 yds)
    • Main Color (MC) Jute (00082) 1 ball or 35 m/40 yds
    • Contrast A Soft Ecru (01004) 1 ball or 16 m/18 yds
    • Contrast B Country Red (01530) 1 ball or 5 m/6 yds
  • Note: 1 ball of MC, A and B will make 3 Cozies
  • 4 small buttons
Abbreviations
Approx = Approximately
Beg = Beginning
Ch = Chain(s)
Cont = Continue(ity)
Inc1 = Increase 1 stitch by knitting into front and back of next stitch.
K = Knit
K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
P = Purl
Pat = Pattern
Rem = Remaining
Rep = Repeat
Rnd(s) = Round(s)
RS = Right side
Ssk = Slip next 2 stitches knitwise one at a time. Pass them back onto left-hand needle, then knit through back loops together.
St(s) = Stitch(es)
WS = Wrong side
Yo = Yarn over

Instructions
Left Front and Back: With A and pair of needles, cast on 35 sts.
**1st row: (WS). Knit.
2nd row: With MC, knit.
3rd row: P1. *K1. P1. Rep from * to end of row.
Rep last 2 rows for pat once more.
With A, rep last 2 rows once more. Break A.
With MC, cont in pat until work from beg measures 3¾" [9.5 cm], ending with a WS row.
Next row: (RS). With A, knit.
Cast off knitwise (WS).**

Button band: With RS facing and A, pick up and knit 18 sts down edge of Left Front.
Knit 2 rows.
Cast off knitwise (WS).
Right Front: With A and pair of needles, cast on 11 sts.
Work from ** to ** as given for Left Front and Back.
Buttonhole band: With RS facing and A, pick up and knit 18 sts up front side of Right Front.
1st row: (WS). K1. (K2tog. yo. K2) 4 times. K1.
2nd row: Knit.
Cast off knitwise (WS).
Sew buttons to correspond to buttonholes.

Arms (make 2).
With MC and double-pointed needles, cast on 10 sts. Divide sts onto 3 needles (4, 4, 2). Join in rnd, placing marker on first st.
1st rnd: Knit.
2nd rnd: (K1. P1) 5 times.
Rep last 2 rnds until work from beg measures 2" [5 cm]. Break MC.

Mittens: 1st rnd: With A, knit.
2nd rnd: Purl. Break A.
3rd rnd: With B, K4. (Inc1 in next st) twice. K4. 12 sts.
Knit 2 rnds even.
Next rnd: K6. Turn. Cast on 3 sts (thumb). Cast off 3 sts. Pass last cast off st onto left-hand needle. Turn. Knit to end of rnd.
Knit 3 rnds even.
Next rnd: (K2tog) 6 times. Break yarn, leaving a long end. Draw end through rem sts. Pull tightly. Fasten securely.

Ties (make 6).
With A and crochet hook, ch 12. Fasten off.
Sew 1 Tie to each corner of Back. Sew 1 Tie spaced evenly between last 2 ties. Sew rem 3 Ties in same positions across side edge of Right Front.

Finishing
Wrap Cozy around mug and knot Ties in position around mug handle as shown in picture.
Sew Arms to sides of Body. Sew Mittens to front of Body as shown in picture.

simple-sweater-mug-cozy.jpg

potsy

Rambler
Have we been infiltrated? :whistle:
Could have at least brought cake in before they go back to c&d :cuppa:

I've been around CycleChat for a while now but not being a tea drinker I've never looked at this thread until now, only being prompted to do so after seeing a complaint or two about it being moved. So now that I'm here, what's it all about? That's assuming you're not going to throw me out for being a coffee drinker.
No, but if you don't drink beer we might have to reconsider :thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, I still don't know what the fuss is actually about, so I'll ignore it. Storm in a teacup or something.

Puddles:

If you can follow a pattern, you should be able to do it, It looks a bit more complicated than the other ones, what with having buttons. And the arms seem to be circular knitting, where I'd probably just knit a rectangle and fold it and sew it into a tube. And I'd probably not use ties, but devise something that could be slipped on and off like a teacosy.

Are you a beginning knitter wanting to have a go?

Or would you like me to have a go for you?:smile:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Nothing wrong with Organizational Behaviour........I taught it for 12 years :laugh:

Actually, can I correct that.............there's a lot wrong with OB, it's really tedious :tired:

It was the fact that Business Banking had been combined with Organised Behaviour, that struck me as very strange. If Bankers had been organised and had integrity, they would not have made such a mess up of things.

:blush: oooopppps This is turning into C and D.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Puddles:

If you can follow a pattern, you should be able to do it, It looks a bit more complicated than the other ones, what with having buttons. And the arms seem to be circular knitting, where I'd probably just knit a rectangle and fold it and sew it into a tube. And I'd probably not use ties, but devise something that could be slipped on and off like a teacosy.

Are you a beginning knitter wanting to have a go?

Or would you like me to have a go for you?:smile:

The ickle hands might be the tricky bit. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom