Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
cute-animals-02.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFgf4RfQDsq5wAtOq2mak0BWXD6gd7ldcuNy_X-8zgQzi_gHE1Bg.jpg
These%20cute%20animals%20babies%20photos%20in%202012%20%2822%29.jpg
tumblr_mec435owRB1qbqrnzo1_500.jpg

Puddles

Ah the wonders of google seems you can make the toffee mallow squares with corn flakes too! Go Nigella!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
One for us locals, especially @potsy

Cake talk.

We've got my club's Polocini Cafe (club is associated with it) but now the chap that supplies the "Gilbert Cake" to them has grown his business. It's called The Cake Nest and is based in Whaley Bridge and has now opened a shop/premises and he has another linked business called Peak Pies - I can see a disaster awaiting. Meet at Polocini, cycle up a couple of hills and about 8 miles to Whaley, pig out of more cake and Pies, then roll back for more !

Puddles

In my house the rolos would have been eaten long before the cakes come out of the oven.
My mother gave me about 25 large bags that were "Best Before" last week so I am wondering how to use them up, found a recipe for rolo cupcakes (I need to freeze them overnight) so school can just have them in the day tomorrow at some point rather than first thing in the morning and just wear it as they are not being sold till Friday morning! lol

Rolo Cupcakes

Makes 10
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 20-25 minutes

100g plain flour
2.5 tblsp cocoa powder
140g caster sugar
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
40g butter, softened
120ml whole milk
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Frosting
300g icing sugar
100g butter
40g cocoa powder
3 tablespoons whole milk

20 rolos

Put the Rolos in the freezer for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight. Take them out of the freezer just before you need to use them.

Preheat the oven to 170C (325F) Gas Mark 3. Line a 12 section bun tray with 10 paper cases {my recipe said makes 12 but I got 10 out of it}.

Put the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and butter in a bowl and beat with a hand-held electric whisk on a slow speed until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined.

Whisk the milk, egg and vanilla extract together in a jug, then slowly pour about half into the flour mixture. Beat to combine then turn the mixer up to high speed to get rid of any lumps.

Turn the mixer down to a slower speed and slowly pour in the remaining milk mixture {scrape any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a spatula}. Continue mixing for a couple more minutes until the mixture is smooth. Don't overmix though.

Spoon the cupcake mixture into the paper cases until two thirds full. Place the rolo into the centre of the mixture and press down until just the top of the Rolo is showing.

2012-11-13+16.03.59.jpg

Pop them in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cake bounces back when touched. Leave the cupcakes to cool slightly in the tray before turning out onto a wire rack.

Now make the frosting. Beat the icing sugar, cocoa and butter in a bowl with a hand-held electric whisk on medium speed until the mixture comes together and is well combined. Turn the mixer down to slow speed. Add the milk to the butter mixture a little at a time. Once all the milk has been incorporated turn the mixer up to high speed and beat for about 5 minutes until the frosting is light and fluffy. The longer you beat the frosting, the lighter and fluffier it will be.

When the cupcakes are cold, spoon or pipe the frosting on top. Finish with some chocolate sprinkles and top with a Rolo and Hey Presto!
2012-11-13+21.37.51.jpg

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
One for us locals, especially @potsy

Cake talk.

We've got my club's Polocini Cafe (club is associated with it) but now the chap that supplies the "Gilbert Cake" to them has grown his business. It's called The Cake Nest and is based in Whaley Bridge and has now opened a shop/premises and he has another linked business called Peak Pies - I can see a disaster awaiting. Meet at Polocini, cycle up a couple of hills and about 8 miles to Whaley, pig out of more cake and Pies, then roll back for more !

Would he care to expand in the South ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom