Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
:hello:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Morning All :hello: I hope so Rocky :cuppa: is needed. Well what a great evening, absolutely brill, although I'm a bit disappointed they didn't do Albatross:giggle:

I would have been too! Glad you had a lovely night. My Daddy used to put that on when we was in the Dormobile and I was just a tiddly wee one when I heard it as a more growned up person I asked the parents where was the version with lyrics as I could swear there were lyrics as I could hear them in my head, Mum said no lyrics, Dad said what lyrics? I said about "going to sleep baby girl" I can always hear in my head words about a baby girl going to sleep. Dad did get all misty eyed and said he was a amazed that I could remember.

They used to travel in the early hours of the morning down to Devon & Cornwall when we went on holidays in it, my older brother would always zonk back out asleep in the back as would Mum, I would not go back to sleep easily having been removed from my bed in the middle of the night, so Dad would drive with me in his arms (It is a wonder children of that time survived when we look at elf & safety now) and to quote "he had a great sound system in the dormy" so used to play Albatross and sing to me "go to sleep my baby girl" to get me to sleep. I was only 2-3 at the time and I think it is probably one of my first memories I can very vaguely recall not the doing of it but those words always come into my head when I hear Albatross.

Our last holiday in the Dormy involved Dad shouting to us "Anything fallen off kids" when we went over bumps and we had to look out the back window to see if anything had and after that one he decided the old girl could be no more after much lookings and seeings if fixings could be done and he took that Dormy to a friends scrapyard and according to Mum he cut the old girl up himself and cried while he did it.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder GM, and Morning All

Small people are still asleep its all rather quiet here, yes please to :cuppa:

Sara_H

Guru
Did your OH manage to learn him the bed thing?
Ha ha! There's been a development.

We were invited for nibbles by one of the other parents in sons football team on Sunday. A few of us Mum's were joking about them having to make their own beds while they're away.
Son pipes up " I can make my own bed, I always make my own bed at Dad's house" Ex husband is stood a couple of feet away, so I say, "Is this true Dad? Son says he makes his own bed at your house?" "Yes" Says ex husband, casually.
Cue much laughter from everyone about how he's managed to hide his bed making skills from his poor old gullible Mum!

Puddles

@Sara_H that'll be him doing his own bed at home then too :laugh:

Sara_H

Guru
@Sara_H that'll be him doing his own bed at home then too :laugh:
Absolutely! Reminds me of when he was teeny tiny. I picked him up from nursery a bit early one day, he was sat feeding himself a yogurt. At this stage I was oblivious to the fact he could feed himself and fed everything to him myself. He's always been quite good at pulling the wool over my eyes!

Puddles

Absolutely! Reminds me of when he was teeny tiny. I picked him up from nursery a bit early one day, he was sat feeding himself a yogurt. At this stage I was oblivious to the fact he could feed himself and fed everything to him myself. He's always been quite good at pulling the wool over my eyes!
:laugh:

Puddles

Bless him, he's ready for school 15 minutes early. This is unheard of!
Eldest is safely in school now which is just as well, as I say, safely, if he had stayed at home any longer with the little 'tude he was displaying this morning I might have murdered him. Instead I gave him the stern Mummy talk all the way to school, which was fine with him until we hit throngs of other school children then it had an effect.

Apparently it is embaressing when other children hear you have been naughty he was told - only for you Squidge so I suggest you think on before you decide it is a good idea to be a cocky little know it all with me in the morning.

I think it is the smirk he has developed that makes my blood boil instantly.... * and breathe*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom