Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Welcome back to reality @classic33 i am afraid you aren't dreaming here :crazy:

Dreams only come to those who sleep.
One advantage of the rain & the wind. No owl "serenading" me keeping me awake & no magpies waking me.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Oh, I'm sure you would, they have very high standards.

In other news, I've just bought a 5kg bag of sugar! Well, a batch of jam can use a whole kilo, so it makes sense, and it works out a few pence cheaper per kilo that buying normal bags.

I've also treated myself - no, my Mum has treated me! - to a proper preserving pan. :hyper:

Yay! As a tip I usually buy sugar at Makro in 25kg sacks at 77p a kilo but at the moment sugar is cheaper in 1kg bags at Farm Foods for 75p ^_^

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Here are a couple of pics I took on my 100 mile hilly ride the other week

This one looks like the road goes down a bit then up, but I doesnt it drops right down into a dip and then you have to climb right out of it again.

y7atejan.jpg

This is the top, over that ridge it drops down steeply for about 2 miles so you need your brakes almost full on most of the way down and it is full of potholes and gravel and there are cars coming up the hill at you on a very narrow road.

e7yzuges.jpg

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Here are a couple of pics I took on my 100 mile hilly ride the other week

This one looks like the road goes down a bit then up, but I doesnt it drops right down into a dip and then you have to climb right out of it again.

y7atejan.jpg

This is the top, over that ridge it drops down steeply for about 2 miles so you need your brakes almost full on most of the way down and it is full of potholes and gravel and there are cars coming up the hill at you on a very narrow road.

e7yzuges.jpg

That looks doable to me however i bet those sorts of undulations as you probably call them, go on and on and on. That would defeat me.

Very James Herriott

phil_hg_uk

That looks doable to me however i bet those sorts of undulations as you probably call them, go on and on and on. That would defeat me.

Very James Herriott

When you get to the bottom of the first one it is almost vertical for quite a few yards but then the climb to the top is about 1 - 2 miles and just as you think to have got there it goes a bit flat then goes up again and again, also behind me in that pic I have already climbed up about the same just to get there only to have to do it all over again.

Hill Wimp

When you get to the bottom of the first one it is almost vertical for quite a few yards but then the climb to the top is about 1 - 2 miles and just as you think to have got there it goes a bit flat then goes up again and again, also behind me in that pic I have already climbed up about the same just to get there only to have to do it all over again.

and you paid to do that :headshake:

phil_hg_uk

How many cyclist fall prey to injury by sheep, they don't look penned in there?

No you go over a cattle grid at each end they are free to roam and do ^_^ that is not unusual around here.

When we went over ilkley moors at the week end the sheep are free to roam around on the main road, and do all the time so you have to be careful as they will run in front of you without warning ........ Baaaaaaaaaa

Hill Wimp

No you go over a cattle grid at each end they are free to roam and do ^_^ that is not unusual around here.

When we went over ilkley moors at the week end the sheep are free to roam around on the main road, and do all the time so you have to be careful as they will run in front of you without warning ........ Baaaaaaaaaa

and some Yorkshire men think cycling in London is dangerous:wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom