Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
OK I decided to ride to the Sportive & it was :cold: then I registered then cycled over to a friends house who lives on Otley Chevin and had a cup of coffee then at 9:30 ish set off on the Sportive.

It was very very hilly more than I had thought I did it in 5:45:32 moving time and there was about 6000 ft of climbing, the route was just one massive hill after another, at one point I did think of bailing when I was faced with the massive hill at Norwood Edge and my rib was very painful but I took some pain killers and had a rest then continued. The day brightened up and I ended up in my SS Jersey and I managed a top speed of 39.5mph though coming down Otley Chevin there was road works so I ended up with the brakes full on most of the time.

Then I cycled home and managed a total of 101 miles for the day.

I must say I am liking actually getting back while there is still food left at the end :mrpig:

Well done Phil, i bet you are chuffed to bits.

So another one next week ?

Arch

Married to Night Train
NT and I have had a fab day out at this place:

http://www.statfoldbarnrailway.co.uk/

We got in because we're members of the West Lancs Railway, and there was loads to see, lots of narrow gauge locos, and this monster!

IMAG1210.jpg

Yes, that's a Land Rover on rail bogies. Hilariously, it still has a steering wheel!

We rode on that, and behind several other loco combinations, and had a great time poking about in the extensive workshops and engine sheds.

We even had a go on a hand pump truck!

IMAG1252.jpg

Cue Laurel and Hardy chase type music....

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Excuse me i need a lie down, YOU PAID TO DO THAT !!!

Some of the down looks like it goes almost underground unless Yorkshire has grown some Mountains.

Wonder how many calories that burnt off ? I take it that its beer and as much as you can eat for dinner, well deserved though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom