Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Non commuting miles at that :whistle:
Excuses :tongue:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Ah I see .. I misunderstood. :thanks:

I like the summer nights when it is light until 10pm then I can go out on my bike when I finish work, but now the nights are drawing in I have to just do loops of the town in the dark which to be honest I can do without as it just gets boring.

At the moment I am getting as many sportives etc in as I can to make up the mileage, but it will be an up hill battle to hang onto the fitness I have at the moment through winter.

Biscuit

Legendary Member
I like the summer nights when it is light until 10pm then I can go out on my bike when I finish work, but now the nights are drawing in I have to just do loops of the town in the dark which to be honest I can do without as it just gets boring.

At the moment I am getting as many sportives etc in as I can to make up the mileage, but it will be an up hill battle to hang onto the fitness I have at the moment through winter.

Have you considered off road night riding or cyclocross at the weekend ?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think you just made my point for me, Phil!

I used to do what you did and have a big cycling boost in the summer, but then become a slacker as winter approached. The big problem came when we had awful summers from 2007 to 2012 so I effectively had a 6 year winter slump!

If my body could have taken it, I would have doing some very long rides this glorious summer.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes but I have but I have to be careful not to injure myself in winter as because I am self employed any serious injury would put me out of business over night as unfortunately us self employed people don't get paid for been sick.
You nearly did that on one of your recent summer rides! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom