Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
Yesterday was great fun, my folks have been married for 50 years. A lot of family and friends, the cake was lovely. My folks are now on their holiday, they will be on the coach now heading for the ferry. Even though they told everyone they were going away today they still received 2 big sprays of flowers.
OH always seems to buy me flowers a couple of days before we go on holiday :wacko: I've tried hinting that this is not the best time to bring flowers, but my hints must be too gentle!

I've only just got up :blush:. All on my own again. LO back from his Dads at about 7pm, OH back from his kids about 11pm.

Dont really know what to do with myself. I've been plagued by a niggly virus for a week or so (temperature, headache, sluggish and tired) I can't seem to shake it off, so don't feel like doing much. And cos the dog's gone away with OH I haven't even got him to force me out of the house!

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
British Gas have offered me £50 credit to add Gas to my Electricity account, I wonder which part of I don't have Gas they don't understand :banghead:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
When NT and I were in Morrisons this morning, I spotted a single potato sitting in the rack of DVDs at the till. This led to a punning contest, regarding what film a potato would watch.

M*A*S*H
Goodbye Mr Chips
King Edward Scissorhands.

And best of all:

A Streetcar Called Desiree.

I love puns!

This post a-peeled to me... I quite liked Darth Tater in Star Wars.

“I think” said the sweet potato, “therefore I yam”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And thanks for the positive comments regarding the other thread, folks, much appreciated. :cheers:

Lullabelle

Banana
Cake :hungry:

DSCN0996.JPG

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Flat country lanes :scratch:sorry we don't have any of them round ere :headshake:

I thought I might to this ride today

lofthouse_zps96304d33.jpg
Ok, you are feeling a bit tired and fancy a flattish ride with just one significant hill ... :thumbsup:

I racked my brains trying to work out where you could go to achieve such a ride profile and then it came to me - that is the climb up to Ouster Bank from Masham. and back via Nidderdale. If I am right - congratulate me on my slightly sad, but impressive knowledge of Yorkshire hill profiles. If I am wrong, put me out of my misery and tell me where the actual hill is! :laugh:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
OH always seems to buy me flowers a couple of days before we go on holiday :wacko: I've tried hinting that this is not the best time to bring flowers, but my hints must be too gentle!

I've only just got up :blush:. All on my own again. LO back from his Dads at about 7pm, OH back from his kids about 11pm.

Dont really know what to do with myself. I've been plagued by a niggly virus for a week or so (temperature, headache, sluggish and tired) I can't seem to shake it off, so don't feel like doing much. And cos the dog's gone away with OH I haven't even got him to force me out of the house!

Get out for a ride, that will cheer you up and keep you away from the marauding CAD members.:smile:

Hill Wimp

Went out :sun: shining brightly, all going well and feeling good. 8 miles out the sky darkens and it starts to rain. Only a shower i think. Mile 11, flippin eck it's pouring. I decide to cut my ride short and head for home and come face to face with the pelaton of hell.

Unbeknown to me there is a sportive on today through the lovely lanes i cycle on. Not sure how many were involved in it but i saw number 266 through the sheets of rain. I also spotted a world record number of nobbers coming round the bends 3 & 4 abreast and doing other stupid things .Don't they realise this is not the TDF and the roads have not been closed for them ?

Thankfully the harvest is in round here as if they would have done this last week they would have met combines and threshers at close quarters and may not have come off too well.

Now i know why some areas in the country dread having cycle sportives and yet again why we cyclists get such a bad reputation.

I need :cry: :cuppa:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I racked my brains trying to work out where you could go to achieve such a ride profile and then it came to me - that is the climb up to Ouster Bank from Masham. and back via Nidderdale. If I am right - congratulate me on my slightly sad, but impressive knowledge of Yorkshire hill profiles. If I am wrong, put me out of my misery and tell me where the actual hill is! :laugh:
Ha - I checked ... I am definitely right. Take a look at the profile below, taken of my 2006 'lumpy' 200 km ride from Hebden Bridge, which just happened to take in the aforementioned climb/descent. I have painted a red circle to highlight it.

colinjs-lumpy-200-km-profile.jpg

Hill Wimp

We are back from our walk. And we've had lunch...here's the puds

y8esa2e4.jpg

I just love being on European time.....it means you can have lunch an hour early.

I'm just popping over to CAD to tell them what's been said about them......:giggle:

The cafe got invaded it was horrid, Arch, Sarah and Classic fought bravely to stop them getting into Tea:hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom