Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
It's raining hard here now but it's so warm I'm standing on the station in a t shirt ( and jeans).

Arch

Married to Night Train
As I walked past the Minster yesterday, on my way to the station, the clock chimed for three o'clock. It occurred to me that if clock chimes had 12 different bells for the hours, and chimed in a sort of countdown, then people with a good ear for music would be able to tell the hour on the first chime, instead of having to count. Think of the time you could save!

Maybe not.

:cuppa:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Would midday be middle C ?

Ah! Sort of, I see what you mean, I meant 12 bells which rang down in sequence. So 1 o'clock would be, for example middle C, but 2 o'clock would start with D, then C. 3.00 would start on E, then D, then C etc. The higher the first note, the later it is.

Does rely on the listener knowing what the bottom note (the 1) is, and having perfect pitch to determine the number of notes above it the first bong is.

Maybe it's not such a good idea. I have lots of those, not so good after all ideas.

Arch

Married to Night Train
We had scones for breakfast, the ones we bought last week and then froze when we bought yet more cake in the afternoon.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
“When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it."

@Arch

I think the above quote from Winnie is relevant to your thunking about the church bells. ^_^

potsy

Rambler
969161_10151553389073207_1340552541_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom