Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I didn't think it was that bad, thinking about climbing it was worse than climbing it.

I do a much worse hill than that over Patley Bridge way from time to time.
You clearly are getting fitter, Phil!

I did the climb from Pateley Bridge towards Grassington in 2006 on my mega-hilly 200 km ride from Hebden Bridge. I made the mistake of stopping to answer my phone halfway up, and it turned out to be a wrong number ... I struggled to get started again!
I remember cycling it many years back on the Otley Triathlon......it's quite a challenge
I have only done it once and I was not very fit so it hurt!

We did my last forum ride to Otley in July 2013, when it turns out I was developing my DVT/PE. Fortunately, there were roadworks preventing us climbing the Chevin because I think it might have killed me to have tackled it!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ooh! Lightning and Thunder!

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
You clearly are getting fitter, Phil!

I did the climb from Pateley Bridge towards Grassington in 2006 on my mega-hilly 200 km ride from Hebden Bridge. I made the mistake of stopping to answer my phone halfway up, and it turned out to be a wrong number ... I struggled to get started again!

I have only done it once and I was not very fit so it hurt!

We did my last forum ride to Otley in July 2013, when it turns out I was developing my DVT/PE. Fortunately, there were roadworks preventing us climbing the Chevin because I think it might have killed me to have tackled it!

Yes I guess I must be getting fitter, I have noticed that on hills such as Harewood Bank I can do them sitting down and in a higher gear where I used to have to climb out of the saddle Also I used to run out of breath on really long steep hills and that happens less often now.

It's funny you should say about the ride last year I was thinking on the way up the Chevin how bad an idea it would have been for you to have tried to climb it then, thank goodness for the road works.

GM

Legendary Member
@Arch have you been leaving your stash lying around again Bin bag of cash containing thousands left on York doorstep

That reminds me, years ago I used to work for a shopfitting firm. I wont give too much away but they had the contract to re-fit a chain of Build Societies that had a name similar to a church. The usual procedure was that a gang would go in the weekend to strip out and skip everything prior to us starting on Monday. Amongst all the rubble was a black bin bag containing £40,000 that was supposed to be collected by the Bank staff before the work started. ooops

potsy

Rambler
Was a shame about those roadworks, I was so looking forward to that big hill of pain :whistle:

Pic of todays lorry incident and I'm guessing there will be one very upset car owner :laugh:

1175559_10151840314900610_1193275830_n.jpg

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
:hello:one and all:cuppa: then:addict: but I'm very:tired:. Have a great day and lots of :bicycle::cuppa:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom