Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
But right now I'd settle for an August that remembered we're in the northern hemisphere and stopped being so :cold:.

Do not move to Arctic Norway then. Yesterday's temperature at about 4pm was 15 degrees.

I cannot sit here having fun all day. I have laundry to do!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Me too, but without the lying down bit.
Now, where are those Club biscuits Mrs A_T got for the visitors... [Multi-pack with 6x orange, currant and mint, just need to find them...]:cuppa:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Right ... apart from the problem that they are not showing what they said they would show, the bottom pane in the schedule has slipped by several hours relative to the top pane which is correctly time-aligned! If you scroll the bottom pane to the left, you will see that ice hockey is apparently scheduled at 14:15! If you click on the ice hockey box, it tells you that it is actually on now ...

Biscuit

Legendary Member
Right ... apart from the problem that they are not showing what they said they would show, the bottom pane in the schedule has slipped by several hours relative to the top pane which is correctly time-aligned! If you scroll the bottom pane to the left, you will see that ice hockey is apparently scheduled at 14:15! If you click on the ice hockey box, it tells you that it is actually on now ...

I spent a short while learning about CET and CEST a minute ago, in case this would somehow explain the phenomenon, I have failed....

ColinJ

I spent a short while learning about CET and CEST a minute ago, in case this would somehow explain the phenomenon, I have failed....
It isn't even that the top pane is BST and the bottom (incorrectly) as CEST because they are different by 2 hours not 1. I think the top pane is BST and the bottom is CET which is wrong in about 3 different ways, on top of which, they showed extra athletics rather than the cycling!

Still, if I ever wanted to watch random coverage of speedway, the world's strongest man, and ice hockey, this must be about the cheapest way to do it ... :laugh:

ColinJ

Isn't there some such nonsense about watching iplayer online, and still needing a licence? Or is that an urban myth?
The crazy rule is that if you watch programmes 'as live', you do need a licence. If you wait for the actual broadcast to finish, and then use iPlayer to watch the recorded show, you don't! My ex told me that when she decided to go online-tv only when we switched over to digital. I didn't believe it so I looked it up - here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom