Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I am going out this morning to put up some shelves. This evening I am volunteering at the West Lancs Light Railway, I have baked a cake to take with me....:hungry:

Just having a :cuppa: before I head out, via Toolstation.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
:hello:

Decaf here too. I found out by accident that I'm allergic (was having problems with hundreds of tiny blisters forming on my handsxx() and, as a bonus feel better generally having stopped the caffeine.:thumbsup:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Decaf in the evenings for me. Sleep's enough of an issue without being :hyper: as well.
After 3 attempts, I finally accepted that I will hardly sleep if I drink 600 mL of Pepsi Max at midnight! :laugh:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I made the gradual change to decaffinated coffee sometime last year. My last two cups of :cuppa: of the day are also decaf (Twinings).

I stopped drinking coke after someone from Coca Cola said that although there was the equivalent of 16 (?) teaspoons of sugar in each can, she did not think this was a problem. :ohmy:

Btw, who put the coffee jar in my fridge last night? :scratch: I must have been more tired than I thought. :blush:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I gave up booze and fags. If I also quit caffeine, I'd have to take up hard drugs instead.
I feel the same way. 90% of the time I stick to a very healthy, sensible diet. I am not yet strong enough to do lots of exercise, I can't afford holidays or retail therapy, I live alone ... in fact, I have a pretty frustrating and boring life! So, I'm eating more chocolate and having the odd Coke or Pepsi just to have something to look forward to a few evenings a week. And the odd coffee.

I'm just peeved that I can no longer say to people "I haven't had to go to the doctor for over 25 years"; "Do what I did, and risk dying" doesn't have quite the same ring to it ...! :laugh:

If doctors ever give me 3 months to live and I am no longer able to move about much, then I won't spend my remaining time meditating, trying to learn Japanese, or watching repeats of 'The Likely Lads' - I will embark on one long party, fuelled by the recreational drugs that I was too sensible to take when I was healthy, and leave this life with a demented smile on my face! :crazy:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
If doctors ever give me 3 months to live and I am no longer able to move about much, then I won't spend my remaining time meditating, trying to learn Japanese, or watching repeats of 'The Likely Lads' - I will embark on one long party, fuelled by the recreational drugs that I was too sensible to take when I was healthy, and leave this life with a demented smile on my face! :crazy:
Quote of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom