Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
Damn ITV 4, we were watching the TDF live, they cut to a long advert break and when we got back to the programme we had missed something really important :cursing: good job they show the high lights at 7pm, at least we will get to see exactly what happened :ninja: :ninja:

Arch

Married to Night Train
The artist just delivered the painting I bought (a bit unwieldy to carry on the bikes).

IMAG0879.jpg

I love the juxtaposition of the subtle sunset and the brutal industrial skyline. It's Ellesmere port apparently.

It'll hang in my workshop for now, and then we'll see if we can find a place for it in the living room or bedroom.

A bit extravagant, but I got some money for my birthday from Mum, with instructions to buy something frivolous, so I think this counts.

Lullabelle

Banana
The artist just delivered the painting I bought (a bit unwieldy to carry on the bikes).

View attachment 25776

I love the juxtaposition of the subtle sunset and the brutal industrial skyline. It's Ellesmere port apparently.

It'll hang in my workshop for now, and then we'll see if we can find a place for it in the living room or bedroom.

A bit extravagant, but I got some money for my birthday from Mum, with instructions to buy something frivolous, so I think this counts.

I can see why it caught your attention, it does have something to say

Night Train

Maker of Things
Yes, it says "This is what you would see if you point a telescope to the west from NT's house just as the sun is setting.".
I really like it. The artist also had landscapes of wind turbines on green rolling hills but it was a bit too extravagant to buy two paintings.

Arch

Married to Night Train

I've always liked silhouetted skylines, and I like the way the pylons and chimneys replace the more traditional set of spires or skyscrapers.

She also had some landscapes with wind turbines in - just the modern equivalent of something Constable might have done with a windmill. (or watermill, as in Flatford).

I said to NT, it's even nicer that I'll always remember I bought it on a whim, on a jolly nice day out, so it'll have value to me above the aesthetic...

TVC

Yes, it says "This is what you would see if you point a telescope to the west from NT's house just as the sun is setting.".
I really like it. The artist also had landscapes of wind turbines on green rolling hills but it was a bit too extravagant to buy two paintings.

I thought it was Wigston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom