Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I was bought a magnum yesterday. I like having friends with less impulse control than me. :mrpig:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Been a very stressy few days and ironically now that I seem to have a working computer (touch wood etc), I'm too tired to enjoy it. Off to bed. :hello:

Night Jo. You'll not be wanting one of my special baked poos then?
IMAG0814.jpg

Not even once it's turned into a cake pop?
IMAG0815.jpg

I'll chill them overnight, and dip them in chocolate and sprinkles tomorrow, to take to tea with some YACF mates. Sadly, my mix made 21.5 pops, so NT and I were forced to eat them down to a nice round 20.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Now, I'm going to wander down to the workshop where I can hear noises off, to see what NT has been up to...
I have been hand cutting a gear wheel for St. Nicholas Fields' window shutter gearbox.
The original is soft cast aluminum and the worm screw had sheared off a whole section of teeth on the worm wheel. So I figured I could cut a replacement one in steel. :unsure:

The worn original is being used as a template as I use a disc cutter to removed the bulk of the steel blank I turned on the lathe.
DSC_1651.JPG

I then started filing the profile. Not easy given 1/3 of the teeth are missing and the rest are worn and deformed.
DSC_1652.JPG

Mostly there now. I will finish off tomorrow.
DSC_1653.JPG

In the meantime I baked, lemon drizzle again, along with Arch's cake poos pops, as it will suit the YACF crowd we are dining with tomorrow evening.
DSC_1654.JPG

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The thing is going off on average every20 minutes. The readings seem to be averaging out at 120/75 which is not a problem. The highest so far is 142/85 when it caught me dragging the empty wheelybin back up from the road. Still some time to go, but it's beginning to look like I suffer from White Coat Hypertension.
That's good news!

I think that I have the same problem. I had my BP taken about 6 times on Sunday/Monday in hospital and the first reading was 144/80-something, but the numbers gradually reduced to 120/64 as I calmed down from the shock of being back in A&E again.

Reactions: TVC

TVC

Morning, or is it still night? Very early start at work today, super urgent things to do. Greeted this morning with a couple of piles of cat sick when I got up. I've got a feeling it's going to be a long day.

TVC

That's good news!

I think that I have the same problem. I had my BP taken about 6 times on Sunday/Monday in hospital and the first reading was 144/80-something, but the numbers gradually reduced to 120/64 as I calmed down from the shock of being back in A&E again.
I think the reason for your BP being a bit peaky is quite justified though :hugs:

Lullabelle

Banana
Watching the news, all those people at Stonehenge talking about spiritual this and awesome that. If it means that much then why is there so much rubbish scattered around and damage caused?

Ok, my gripe for the day is done. Time to start thinking about going to work, looks like I will need my brolley :rain: here again today

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
:hello:

Morning, or is it still night? Very early start at work today, super urgent things to do. Greeted this morning with a couple of piles of cat sick when I got up. I've got a feeling it's going to be a long day.

Well the summer solstice *is* known as the "longest day" :whistle: (yes, I know that description's incorrect :tongue:)

Gonna be a long day here too - been awake since half three :ohmy:. Still, at least the sun's shining. Right into my eyes... Definitely time to rearrange the living room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom