Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Summerking

Veteran
Evening everyone :smile:
you've had Sunshine today? bit of a gale here, sycamores bent over in the wind, no sign of the guineapigs tucked away in their hutches, in fact the hutches are weighed down with bricks and lumps of granite, the last gale rolled their hutches across the garden and in a fit of pique the guineapigs wouldn't look at me for a week. I meant to ask your opinions my mountain bike is 20 years old and the bits are wearing out in succession..do I buy a new alubobuminium or keep repairing my steel Raleigh? All the new steel bikes are out of my price range.

Arch

Married to Night Train
cow-close-up_1374836i.jpg

And you'll get free milk n burgers :hungry:

The only problem is, I have it on good authority that cows can go up stairs, but not down....

A colleague at Uni told a story of a cottage on Orkney, where the owner got home one day to find a cow in an upstairs bedroom - it wandered in, got up there, and couldn't get back down...

Arch

Married to Night Train
you've had Sunshine today? bit of a gale here, sycamores bent over in the wind, no sign of the guineapigs tucked away in their hutches, in fact the hutches are weighed down with bricks and lumps of granite, the last gale rolled their hutches across the garden and in a fit of pique the guineapigs wouldn't look at me for a week. I meant to ask your opinions my mountain bike is 20 years old and the bits are wearing out in succession..do I buy a new alubobuminium or keep repairing my steel Raleigh? All the new steel bikes are out of my price range.

Repair. Bits wear out, but the frame will stay good.

But also buy a new one. Then you'll have a spare!:thumbsup:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
The only problem is, I have it on good authority that cows can go up stairs, but not down....

A colleague at Uni told a story of a cottage on Orkney, where the owner got home one day to find a cow in an upstairs bedroom - it wandered in, got up there, and couldn't get back down...

The cows who lived at my mother's smallholding before my parents bought it coped ok with the milking parlour which was up a few steps :scratch:

Summerking

Veteran
ty Arch, yes I hadn't thought..I will need a spare, can't go without a bicycle while fixing/waiting for parts on the other, especially if the parts sit behind frosted glass doors.
'gonna' go ask google if there is steel to be had for £400.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I meant to ask your opinions my mountain bike is 20 years old and the bits are wearing out in succession..do I buy a new alubobuminium or keep repairing my steel Raleigh? All the new steel bikes are out of my price range.
I'm biased because I quite like older Raleighs and dislike the current thow-away attitude of society, so I'll say repair.

Assuming the frame isn't damaged or corroded these old bikes can often be updated quite nicely: Here's mine.:thumbsup:

Summerking

Veteran
hmm this looking for used bikes online is err...challenging to say the least, Brittany is closer than 90%of Britain to darkest Cornwall, wonder if I need a passport to get to Lincoln? jus jokin, I'm sure summat'l turnup, deep breath and continue, now to fence with Ebay, en guarde!

TVC

Morning, back to Saturday working, still, chill out time when I get back. The lack of beer and choccie is being noticed

Lullabelle

Banana
Morning all :hello: up before 8am, :cuppa: and toast for breakfast, the downstairs is now clean, orchids watered and are now in the alleyway as I have given then a good zap with bug spray. Now time to do upstairs.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Just off out for a walk at the seaside with MrsA_T then lunch at Irvins Brasserie.... it's a tough old life.
There may be ice cream cornets at some point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom