Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Afternoon all.

We're back in York, we spent the afternoon drifting round town doing nothing in particular, a very good antidote to the travel and fun of the weekend.

In a minute I'm going to cook a biryani and a batch of pasta sauce (not for the same meal!), and NT is currently fettling my summer bike so that he can take it home with him and then when I have a week off next week, we might actually go for a bike ride.

Summerking

Veteran
Evening!
My garden used to take 4-5 hours to cut with a lawn mower till I hit on the idea of 'rotating' the Guineapigs chicken wire enclosures, there are 4 Guineapigs with a 10 foot by 5 foot area for each pair, they keep the lawn really short and even, and they fertilize it as they go, we did have 3 pairs of Guineapigs but a Fox got one pair by lifting the latch on their hutch...the hutches are now padlocked.
Waiting on the Ebay mail for my bottom bracket tools, got a crank puller coming and a crank lockring spanner? till then I daren't ride the Mountainbike as the movement in the cranks is unsettling and may do serious damage.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Guinea pigs are good lawnmowers!

As are sheep, but they take more looking after.

Poor NT, I just asked him to have a look over the bike, and he seems to be finding a lot of things to fix! :blush:

Right, time to cook.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
This explains why I thought the Tour de Suisse was in July!!!!! :wacko::eek: I assumed the date had been changed in case of snow in the mountains, even though it would clash with the Tour de France.

Who else knew that although the second stage is on the 9th July, the first stage is still was on the 8th June????????????????? :wacko:

Furthermore, Sky Eurosport are not showing Fabian's knees the Tour de Suisse this year. :cry:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Arch's bike fettled! Not so bad considering....:unsure::whistle:

Front and rear brakes adjusted, rear brake cable changed, front wheel secured, front mudguard secured, front and rear mechs lubed and checked, chain lubed, stiff links unstiffened, tyres aired up, front and rear wheels trued up. :thumbsup:

Now waiting for dinner. :hungry:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Oi Wocky! Why have you liked my previous post? :cry:

Arch

Married to Night Train
There's been a lot of gardening action today. Am I the only one who actually works? :rolleyes:

Yes.:tongue:

Well, the biryani seems to have gone down ok, we had mango chutney and coriander/yoghurt raita and peshwari naan with it. I omitted to take a photo, and it's all gone now...:hungry:

I'm hoping to learn to scythe soon, we run courses at St Nicks.

Now, I'm going to make some Chive Flower Vinegar, something I saw yesterday on Twitter. Apparently it has a nice gentle onion flavour, sounds good for dressings etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom