Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have thought of that, but still regularly cycle off the map in all 3 directions :rolleyes: And at £16.99 a pop, I can't help thinking that £100 for the whole of GB seems like a better plan. :unsure:
I've never regretted buying MM back in 2006. It is great being able to scroll a giant seamless digital OS Landranger map to anywhere in the UK (except for Northern Ireland).

I had to pay about £175 for my copy but I noticed that the price has come down.

I had a quick search and discovered that you can now buy a GPS unit including the full 2013 UK OS map and the PC version of the map and software for £175 - e.g. here on eBay - bargain! :thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Don't ...

This morning, someone asked me how old I am and it suddenly struck me that in 2.5 years time, my age will begin with a '6' - how did that happen! :eek:

You're only 3 and a half?:eek:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I have now been awake for nearly 18 of Phil's birthday hours and unless I want to spend the remainder asleep on the sofa, I think I'd better take myself off to bed. With a hot chocolate. It *is* a birthday. after all :thumbsup:

:hello:

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
My rides are planned with military precision. I'd get lost otherwise. :blush: I live right on the border of several OS maps, so taking them along gets a bit cumbersome. And grabbing and then stitching together screenshots of routes has got a bit tiresome. Fine for shorter rides, not so much for the longer ones. Especially when you've got to take into account the possibility of road closures and diversions.

A friend used to live on the southern boundary of one map, the northern boundary of another, and smack-bang on the meridian. You needed four OS maps before you got to the end of the road!!
I have dealt with the problems of navigation by living in the same area since I was 15. I was genuinely delighted a few years ago when I found a road I'd not cycled along before. That's quite a rare occurrence these days, but it does mean I always know the shortest route from wherever I am to the nearest cafe, pub, tea shop or railway station...

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I seem to remember there was an offer on CC a while ago for a subscription to a mapping site was is the OS site I cant remember.

That was the Ordnance Survey Getamap, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom