Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Talk of the weather at the weekend makes me think about the rides I've got planned for Saturday and Sunday, which in turn makes me wonder (not for the first time) if I should cough up the cash for Memory Map. :scratch::addict:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I think it's going to :rain: at the weekend (except in Archie's neck of the woods where it will :snowball:)

Forecast here is sunny and low wind at the weekend .................. so it will chuck it down then :rolleyes:

TVC

Talk of the weather at the weekend makes me think about the rides I've got planned for Saturday and Sunday, which in turn makes me wonder (not for the first time) if I should cough up the cash for Memory Map. :scratch::addict:
I hate to agree with Rocky, but I just use a page from an old map tucked in my back pocket.

phil_hg_uk

I must admit when I go out I dont use maps these days, I either just follow signposts or just make it up as I go along. Except for Sportives or Audaxes and then I either follow colin or potsy or just download the .gpx file onto the Garmin 200 and follow the little back line.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
My rides are planned with military precision. I'd get lost otherwise. :blush: I live right on the border of several OS maps, so taking them along gets a bit cumbersome. And grabbing and then stitching together screenshots of routes has got a bit tiresome. Fine for shorter rides, not so much for the longer ones. Especially when you've got to take into account the possibility of road closures and diversions.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Just got doorstepped by bloody Virgin Media at this time of night :cursing:

I read that quickly as "Virgin Mary"... :ohmy:

Jo, could you treat yourself to one of those OS maps centred on your home? It's that, or some creative cutting and sellotaping with the ones you have...

phil_hg_uk

My rides are planned with military precision. I'd get lost otherwise. :blush: I live right on the border of several OS maps, so taking them along gets a bit cumbersome. And grabbing and then stitching together screenshots of routes has got a bit tiresome. Fine for shorter rides, not so much for the longer ones. Especially when you've got to take into account the possibility of road closures and diversions.

You could download the compass app for your phone :whistle:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Jo, could you treat yourself to one of those OS maps centred on your home? It's that, or some creative cutting and sellotaping with the ones you have...
I was going to suggest that. You can even get one with a personalised front cover, if you want to. ^_^

I have thought of that, but still regularly cycle off the map in all 3 directions :rolleyes: And at £16.99 a pop, I can't help thinking that £100 for the whole of GB seems like a better plan. :unsure:
custom map screenshot.jpg
You could download the compass app for your phone :whistle:

It's your burpday so I won't :reading: or :boxing: ... or steal your chocolate. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom