Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
It will be Aldeburgh in October for our fifth wedding anniversary. Having said that, the dive school I have got lined to do my AOW does their wreck dive course off Plymouth:whistle:

Anywho, next years holiday is a toss up between walking round Lake Lucerne (easy there Speicher), and a return to Iceland and a spot of volcano bothering (it is not like anything nasty happened to the last Icelandic volcano we had a stroll on).

Not to mention a day out with me and NT at the railway, if all goes to plan!

I think most of my holiday this year will be taken up with DIY, which is cool, because it gets me closer to moving in. But we've got a few nice days out planned too. With having Mondays off, we get long weekends anyway.

TVC

I went up blackpool tower when I was a kid, discovered that I don't like heights.
Some of us have been on top of Sydney Harbour Bridge, now that's a nice bit of exposure for you.
002_2.jpg

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Are you going to see anything in particular? :giggle:
We went to Paris a couple of years ago, in January. Did all the tourist stuff, we went up the big tower thingy, no queue, had a good time. Hope you do too
I think Paris will be a lot busier that weekend than when you went. :bicycle: :giggle:

We're going on a river boat trip up the Seine on the Saturday evening (billed as a romantic boat trip, much to my friend's daughter's amusement) and will be spending the day doing the tourist thing, though not up the big tower thingy. Sunday will mostly be testing my tolerance for large crowds. :tongue:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I took a ride out on Tiddles this evening to collect some theatre tickets.

On the way there there were a couple of girls of about 8-10 years old leaning on a railing watching the empty road. As I passed them they spat at me! :cursing:

On the way home I was in primary in the bus lane passing a stationary right turning car in lane two. The Highways Maintenance Transit that was following decided to pass the car at the same time as me nearly taking me out with his door mirror.
We had words at the next traffic lights, in a non MatthewT style, and then we went on our way.
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/give-me-some-dialogue-from-your-day.91901/post-2463615

Time for a :cuppa:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
It will be Aldeburgh in October for our fifth wedding anniversary. Having said that, the dive school I have got lined to do my AOW does their wreck dive course off Plymouth:whistle:

Anywho, next years holiday is a toss up between walking round Lake Lucerne (easy there Speicher), and a return to Iceland and a spot of volcano bothering (it is not like anything nasty happened to the last Icelandic volcano we had a stroll on).

Lake Lucerne? Yes, there is a lovely railway there, the Rigibahn. It goes up the mountain from two stations, and has one top station. There are lots of boats crossing the lake, and the Pilatus is not far away.yu If you planned it properly, you could also do the Furka Oberalp railway, also known as the :addict: Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn.

Lucerne railway station is one of my (many) favourites. ^_^ I stayed at a Hotel about ten minutes walk from the centre of Lucerne. Then I went to Locarno for a few days.

I would also like to return to Iceland, and see the waterfalls at a more leisurely pace.

TVC

I think Paris will be a lot busier that weekend than when you went. :bicycle: :giggle:

We're going on a river boat trip up the Seine on the Saturday evening (billed as a romantic boat trip, much to my friend's daughter's amusement) and will be spending the day doing the tourist thing, though not up the big tower thingy. Sunday will mostly be testing my tolerance for large crowds. :tongue:
We've done the final stage of the tour as well, though all in one day with the train from London. The crowds aren't too bad up the Champs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom