Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I might have been able to understand it if he wanted to look out of the window. But he wanted to read, so why could he not just have the overhead lamp on? Instead we had the rising sun blazing our (shut) eyeballs.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
My worst flight ever, was thank goodness also the shortest. Flying back from Dublin in a Short 22 or something, MDB will correct me. ^_^

It was a teeny tiny plane with about 22 seats and twin propellors. On take off, it felt like the plane was going to shake itself to pieces, and the noise deafened me. Never known noise that loud before or since. Add to that the fact that I had been enjoying Irish hoshpithtality until 5am that morning, and I felt very unwell indeed.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Next stop, Clacton by the looks of things!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
My worst flight ever, was thank goodness also the shortest. Flying back from Dublin in a Short 22 or something, MDB will correct me. ^_^

It was a teeny tiny plane with about 22 seats and twin propellors. On take off, it felt like the plane was going to shake itself to pieces, and the noise deafened me. Never known noise that loud before or since. Add to that the fact that I had been enjoying Irish hoshpithtality until 5am that morning, and I felt very unwell indeed.

One of these? :laugh::

image.jpg

I presume you actually mean something like this:

image.jpg

Arch

Married to Night Train
My shortest flight was Papa Westray to Westray. 2 minutes advertised flying time, we had a tailwind, it was 90 seconds.

I had walked round Papa Westray for the day, having arrived by boat, and thought I better be in good time for the flight. So much so, I got to the 'airport' before the ground crew, fire crew, or check-crew. Which was all the same man. I had to sit on the wall and wait.

I got a seat right behind the pilot. We'd barely levelled off before we were descending again.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I had a lovely flight in a four seater plane in Iceland. (The country, not the shop.) I was in the front with the driver pilot.
We flew over some lava fields, and it was fascinating. Then :eek: the pilot decided to unfold :wacko: the map of the flight paths, in so doing he completely obliterated his view out of the wind screen.:eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom