Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana

TVC

OK you know the routine, stay seated with your seat belt fastened until the aircraft reaches the gate and the seatbelt sign goes out. THEN! Jump up immediatly, scramble for your bag, elbowing everyone else around, then stand awkwardly in a huddle for 10 minutes until they open the doors and the 300 people positioned between you and the pilot get off.

Lullabelle

Banana
OK you know the routine, stay seated with your seat belt fastened until the aircraft reaches the gate and the seatbelt sign goes out. THEN! Jump up immediatly, scramble for your bag, elbowing everyone else around, then stand awkwardly in a hudfle for 10 minutes until they open the doors and the 300 people positioned between you and the pilot get off.

:laugh: yep!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
OK you know the routine, stay seated with your seat belt fastened until the aircraft reaches the gate and the seatbelt sign goes out. THEN! Jump up immediatly, scramble for your bag, elbowing everyone else around, then stand awkwardly in a huddle for 10 minutes until they open the doors and the 300 people positioned between you and the pilot get off.

:laugh: That might be what everyone else (present company excepted) does. I always stay in my seat until nearly everyone has disembarked, then, in a leisurely manner, retrieve my light weight hand luggage from the overhead locker, and saunter slowly towards baggage reclaim. By the time I get to baggage reclaim, the luggage is slowly emerging.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
The best 1 is the first 1 at home, he must be gasping poor lamb

Will this admission get me banned from Tea? What I am usually gasping for after a holiday is a HOT cup of coffee. Yes, HOT, not just very warm!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
That looks like a private jet compared to my first flight.

It was a square bodied plane, in corrugated sheet, and the wing was over the top of the body with struts to hold them up. the seating inside was a single row on the left and a double row on the right. I sat next to the door and watched it flap about while we were flying! It took me from Gatwick to Gurnsey in the mid 80's. It was smaller then the coach that took me from the terminal to the plane on the runway and the coach driver was also the pilot!
:laugh:

My first ever flight was in one of these:
Dragon Rapide.png

I loved it. The takeoff was so smooth that I didn't realise we were off the ground until the hedge at the end of the runway went underneath us. :thumbsup:

Night Train

Maker of Things

View attachment 23478

I loved it. The takeoff was so smooth that I didn't realise we were off the ground until the hedge at the end of the runway went underneath us. :thumbsup:
The one I was in was very similar in size, just a mono wing (?).
It had seating for about 18-20 I think and a little bit of a luggage hold at the rear. The wings looked like cloth covered ones, the spars and struts showed through.
Take off was like kite being pulled by a toddler. The wings flapped, the door flapped, I flapped... The engines sounded like they were about to explode.

Arch

Married to Night Train

View attachment 23478

Oh, I'd love a ride in one of them!

I have a photo from my Dad's collection of one of those he landed. Landings weren't his strong point.

24.jpg

On the back, it says "I must not land with the brakes on".

:B)

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Take off was like kite being pulled by a toddler. The wings flapped, the door flapped, I flapped... The engines sounded like they were about to explode.
I'm not sure I would've been keen if it was like that.:unsure:

Yours was bigger than mine. The Dragon Rapide is usually only a 6 seater (plus pilot). It was the aeroplane that QANTAS started with (your useless info for the day).

It's the same sort of idea, a fabric covered spaceframe. Strong and lightweight.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom