Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
@Arch, can I use plastic lemonade bottle as mini cloches for growing cuttings from plants?

The cover of my proper gator (?) has broken into about twenty pieces after getting blown about by the wind. I cannot just but a new cover. I thought I could cut the base of the bottles off, (and use them for something else), and perhaps make a vertical cut through the bottle, so that the top half fits inside the bottom half, making it more sturdy than a single layer of plastic. These mini cloches would be vertical not horizontal. They would then fit over little black plastic pots, and stand in the base of the old propagator.
:unsure: :scratch:

TVC

Last time I checked I'm not Arch, however, the answer is yes.

Arch

Married to Night Train
@Arch, can I use plastic lemonade bottle as mini cloches for growing cuttings from plants?

The cover of my proper gator (?) has broken into about twenty pieces after getting blown about by the wind. I cannot just but a new cover. I thought I could cut the base of the bottles off, (and use them for something else), and perhaps make a vertical cut through the bottle, so that the top half fits inside the bottom half, making it more sturdy than a single layer of plastic. These mini cloches would be vertical not horizontal. They would then fit over little black plastic pots, and stand in the base of the old propagator.

Yes, I'm sure you can.

(I think I said that last time you asked too...:whistle:)

I used plastic bottles as cloches on my allotment, and the lady who tends the little veg plot at work does so too. Everyso often she asks us to look out some new ones in the recycling.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
How did it go? Good ride? :thumbsup:
Really nice route, going to ride it (or a modified version) again when there's :sun: as the views are meant to be spectacular.

Absolutely shattered though and struggled for most of the day. Didn't eat properly this week and it's clearly had an effect. :blush: Also need to change my saddle. It's done nearly 4000 miles and is definitely past its best. Things that should never go ouch are very much :B)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Yes, I'm sure you can.

(I think I said that last time you asked too...:whistle:)

I used plastic bottles as cloches on my allotment, and the lady who tends the little veg plot at work does so too. Everyso often she asks us to look out some new ones in the recycling.

:scratch: Have I asked that before? I do apologopolise. :thumbsup:

:blush: Perhaps that was when I thought about using them as horizontal cloches.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
:thumbsup:

I think this weekend, a lot of my brain capacity has been involved in working out what happened to my Mother's bank account. She thinks the bank closed her account. But why then did they send her a new cheque book before she could open a new account?
She was very very upset and angry, thinking she would have to transfer all her direct debits etc.

This afternoon ^_^ I managed to work out what really happened.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
:wahhey: I have finally worked out Classic33 quizzle. I thought I had the answer twice before. However, I do not wish to be in the vicinity of TheDoctor when he works it out is told the answer. :ohmy:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think this weekend, a lot of my brain capacity has been involved in working out what happened to my Mother's bank account. She thinks the bank closed her account. But why then did they send her a new cheque book before she could open a new account?
After our mother died, an employee at her bank's call centre refused to talk to my sister (the executor of her estate) about the account unless she got our mother to rise from the dead to authorise it, so nothing that banks do shocks me any more! :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom