Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Yes, :cuppa: would be a good idea. Just back from my 38 mile ride in the :sun:

I have to admit that I cant get my head round Classic's puzzle - I thought it was gobbledygook. Wol can you put me out of my misery and send me a PM with the answer?

No! ^_^:giggle:
You might be looking at it too deeply.

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
Which forrin part? Letchworth?

Sounds exciting :thumbsup:
Somewhere even more exotic than Letchworth, if one can imagine such a thing.
Ardres, which is about an hours ride from Calais. I'm doing the Carre des Valles ride. 4 waymarked routes from 25 km to 140km, a goody bag at the start, feedstops, motorbike sweepers, beer and baguettes at the end. It cost 3 Euro on the line last year, but it may have gone up.

Lullabelle

Banana
Our 'local' Asda is not far from a council estate, a lot of the people who go in there are so poor they cannot afford to shower, use deodorant or buy fruit and veg. Instead the buy loads of tinned, ready made and packet stuff, it makes them huge but I guess that is what happens when you are poor, even the alcohol they buy is cheap

potsy

Rambler
Just taken the good weather bike out for an hour, it rained :reading:

potsy

Rambler
Our 'local' Asda is not far from a council estate, a lot of the people who go in there are so poor they cannot afford to shower, use deodorant or buy fruit and veg. Instead the buy loads of tinned, ready made and packet stuff, it makes them huge but I guess that is what happens when you are poor, even the alcohol jaffa cakes they buy is cheap
Thought you were describing me for a minute :hello: :tongue:

Arch

Married to Night Train
We finished making a thing!

Needed a bedside table for the single guestroom. NT remembered a very skuzzy greasy wooden crate we found when we were taking pictures in Trafford Park:
IMAG0342.jpg

Very grim. But with a piece of MDF covering the oily back bit, and a shelf and a top, it looks more promising:
IMAG0346.jpg

Even better after a coat of paint:
IMAG0348.jpg

NT found an old drawer that didn't fit the top bit, and made it fit the top bit, and I painted it to give a bit of colour, and refitted the brass handle:
IMAG0354.jpg

NT made a pair of wooden runners to keep the drawer in line, and then we filled the bottom bit with improving books, and installed it beside the bed:
IMAG0360.jpg

Time taken, a couple of hours over the weekend, and cost: £0, as it was all scraps of wood and paint that were knocking around.
:thumbsup:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
@Arch, can I use plastic lemonade bottle as mini cloches for growing cuttings from plants?

The cover of my proper gator (?) has broken into about twenty pieces after getting blown about by the wind. I cannot just but a new cover. I thought I could cut the base of the bottles off, (and use them for something else), and perhaps make a vertical cut through the bottle, so that the top half fits inside the bottom half, making it more sturdy than a single layer of plastic. These mini cloches would be vertical not horizontal. They would then fit over little black plastic pots, and stand in the base of the old propagator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom