Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I learnt a new word the other day, then forgot it, but something on TV last night reminded me.
Pareidolia - seeing faces, or other patterns, in random things.
:smile:

Is there a word for thinking you see meaning in otherwise random internet threads...?;)

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
Evenings!!
I have been on the WNRttP :cheers: and now I have a bowl of Pasta with Random Stuff from the Fridge. Chilli oil, some cold meat (not sure what it is - chorizo or salami) and grated cheddar.
Why have we not got a 'Pasta' smiley?

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
h437565B2.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm just back from what I hope will be my final blood tests.

It looked like rain earlier so I'd caught the bus to Mytholmroyd, and when I came out of the clinic I headed straight for the bus stop, without thinking. A bus was in but I didn't manage to cross the road in time to catch it. So there I was, hanging about waiting for the next bus when I remembered that I was supposed to be doing more walking! It's only a couple of miles, and the rain was holding off, so I set off on foot.

I headed down Caldene Avenue which is a quiet road parallel to the busy A646 to Hebden Bridge. A teacher was doing cycle training for a group of small children in front of me and I had a sudden flashback to training for my Cycling Proficiency test at school in 1965, nearly half a century ago - yikes, I'm getting old! :ohmy:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I hope the tests come back with a good result :thumbsup:
Thanks. I'm wondering if the hospital will bother contacting me with a (good) negative result? I get the impression that the NHS tend to only get in touch with bad news. I had my blood pressure taken about 30 times but nobody ever bothered to comment on the readings. In the end, I asked and was told that they were fine.

I remember taking my cycling proficiency test in Mill Hill......I suspect it was in 1965 as well :smile:
That makes you a near-oldie too!

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Thanks. I'm wondering if the hospital will bother contacting me with a (good) negative result? I get the impression that the NHS tend to only get in touch with bad news. I had my blood pressure taken about 30 times but nobody ever bothered to comment on the readings. In the end, I asked and was told that they were fine.
Your GP should have access to the records - I had stitches a while back and the nurse accidentally stabbed herself with the needle so we both had all *those* tests done. I knew they'd only get in touch if it was bad news, but I still went a bit :wacko: when I didn't hear anything (letters get lost etc etc) so I went to my GP to double check - it only took her a few seconds on the computer. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom