Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Glad to hear you came round and are ok. Get yourself checked by the GP. Stay well!
I will do.
I'll have to phone in the morning as they won't let me make an appointment in advance and there is nothing left for today.

A couple of years ago I was having the same dizziness and ended up in hospital on Arch's birthday. I am really hoping not to repeat that this year (especially as last year I was laid up with my leg in plaster also on Arch's birthday).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How long before you get the results?
I was wondering if they would inform me of negative results? A positive results would be bad news, so I would definitely hear about that pretty quickly.

I think if I don't hear anything after a couple of weeks, I'll call in at the local health centre and get someone to check my files.

I also want to find out if I can get copies of the original CT scan of my chest showing the pulmonary embolism and the ultrasound scan of my leg showing the DVT.

Right, I'm ok, no harm done, just a bit :wacko:

I fainted a little while ago.
I was browsing Ebay and then decided to get up to get a biscuit (or was it a banana?) and never made it across the kitchen.
I saw stars and then found myself in an 'out of body experience' watching myself slump against the kitchen units. I didn't understand what was happening at first, it felt like I was watching myself in a play acting a part. Then I eventually came round and got up. It took me a moment to get my bearings and work out which experience was real.

I will have a :cuppa: in a moment.

I had been feeling dizzy over the weekend, on a few brief occasions. I am hoping this isn't the onset of something again.
I used to get that when I was fit if I stood up too quickly. I think it is quite common, but feeling dizzy for some time beforehand sounds more worrying - I hope that isn't due to anything serious!

Night Train

Maker of Things
I used to get that when I was fit if I stood up too quickly. I think it is quite common, but feeling dizzy for some time beforehand sounds more worrying - I hope that isn't due to anything serious!
Yes, the 'seeing stars' thing from standing up too quick is understandable and usually lasts only a few seconds, but the dizziness has been of the vertigo type over the weekend.
This one was slightly of the vertigo form but weird as I didn't feel the effect but felt like I was watching it happen from the outside. Not had that before.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Right, I'm ok, no harm done, just a bit :wacko:

I fainted a little while ago.
I was browsing Ebay and then decided to get up to get a biscuit (or was it a banana?) and never made it across the kitchen.
I saw stars and then found myself in an 'out of body experience' watching myself slump against the kitchen units. I didn't understand what was happening at first, it felt like I was watching myself in a play acting a part. Then I eventually came round and got up. It took me a moment to get my bearings and work out which experience was real.

I will have a :cuppa: in a moment.

I had been feeling dizzy over the weekend, on a few brief occasions. I am hoping this isn't the onset of something again.

:ohmy:

You didn't hurt yourself I hope?

<worries insanely>

:sad:

Night Train

Maker of Things
:ohmy:

You didn't hurt yourself I hope?

<worries insanely>

:sad:
No, I didn't hurt myself. I sorta drifted towards the kitchen units and slumped down them to a kneeling, head down position as I 'watched' from somewhere hovering over the top of the fridge. That was strange in itself and more confusing then the fainting, in hindsight.

I have been sitting at my desk re-wrapping the parcel I wrapped earlier. By starting from scratch I managed to get it all into a 7.5cm card board box. This time it is definitely 7.5cm at the deepest point.:thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hmm, well, take it easy...

Glad you got the parcel sussed. I think I'd always err on the side of caution, as it's such a faff for the recipient if they have to cough up more, even if they are paying for the postage anyway.

:hugs:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I am taking it easy.:thumbsup:

After dinner I ran a bead of silicone along the edge of the tiles in my folk's bathroom to try and direct a bit of water flow, from their shower, back into the bath. While sitting on the edge of the bath I was :wacko: again for a while. Definitely vertigo related so I will be taking extra care and trying for that GP appointment in the morning.:thumbsup:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I am taking it easy.:thumbsup:

After dinner I ran a bead of silicone along the edge of the tiles in my folk's bathroom to try and direct a bit of water flow, from their shower, back into the bath. While sitting on the edge of the bath I was :wacko: again for a while. Definitely vertigo related so I will be taking extra care and trying for that GP appointment in the morning.:thumbsup:
Doesn't sound wise to drive or cycle. Hope it isn't too far or maybe someone will give you a lift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom