England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
One day, not only will I know what that means, I'll also know how to find out!!!:rolleyes:

It's the amount of chain visible through all the carp
laugh.gif

martint235

Dog on a bike
Oh that's easy then, mine is definitely zero

Look! I work all weekend, organise stuff for the rest of my assorted family so their lives are convenient, sweat, toil and suffer, come to work for a rest, log on, and find...no ride antics! No photos! No 'love London' admiriation! Hope you all had a nice time in London, in Enfied ,on the Evans Ride and supping in Greenwich...and NEW YORK, Ian - by the POOL, drinking BEER!:tongue:B)

Roll on next week for fun in the sun!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Look! I work all weekend, organise stuff for the rest of my assorted family so their lives are convenient, sweat, toil and suffer, come to work for a rest, log on, and find...no ride antics! No photos! No 'love London' admiriation! Hope you all had a nice time in London, in Enfied ,on the Evans Ride and supping in Greenwich...and NEW YORK, Ian - by the POOL, drinking BEER!:tongue:B)

Roll on next week for fun in the sun!

You were missed Martin. We did wait for you just in case, honest. And it'll be fun in the rain on Friday!!

des.o

Veteran
A tad presumptuous given that i've only made one ride, but I skipped this one for the football ride with about 30 others - QPR/Fulham/Chelsea/Charlton/Millwall/West Ham/Orient/Spurs/Arsenal. A fine spin all over town and another trip on the Woolwich ferry. Took about 4 hours and lots of photo ops - maybe some ideas for a future Sunday ride.

martint235

Dog on a bike
A tad presumptuous given that i've only made one ride, but I skipped this one for the football ride with about 30 others - QPR/Fulham/Chelsea/Charlton/Millwall/West Ham/Orient/Spurs/Arsenal. A fine spin all over town and another trip on the Woolwich ferry. Took about 4 hours and lots of photo ops - maybe some ideas for a future Sunday ride.

I assume the football ride goes past the grounds involved? I think Martin (Aperitif) mentioned this a couple of weeks ago. I'm up for it.

Clive, you'll need to have a late lunch........

des.o

Veteran
The west London grounds are easy (I live within 3 miles of 4 grounds) - must admit that i hadn't got a clue going across south London bandit territory to Millwall, then the rest are pretty straight forward, although Leyton to Tottenham is not the most scenic. Of course the real ride would take in Brentford, Palace, Barnet and Daganham...

martint235

Dog on a bike
The west London grounds are easy (I live within 3 miles of 4 grounds) - must admit that i hadn't got a clue going across south London bandit territory to Millwall, then the rest are pretty straight forward, although Leyton to Tottenham is not the most scenic. Of course the real ride would take in Brentford, Palace, Barnet and Daganham...

Palace are a Championship side so their ground should be built in. Chelsea/Fulham to Palace shouldn't be too difficult and then Palace - Millwall - Woolwich Ferry is straight forward enough I think. ( we could even stop off at the mighty Welling!!! if we went over Shooters Hill :whistle:)

I always get mixed up between Brentford and Brentwood so someone else should lead that bit! :rolleyes:

des.o

Veteran
Brentford is only a couple of miles west of Fulham so an easy add on. Brentwood is a tad further away in Essex - but they don't have a team (and anyway its not worth visiting). Palace would add miles and time, but should be done. The Lea valley paths are undoubtably more scenic getting across from Leyton, but by that point time was dragging and beers waiting.

des.o

Veteran
I loved that Friday morning NC whatever road, although someone did query whether I'd been offroading yesterday. Good training for flanders next year - you are in aren't you? its on a Saturday though.

As for Brentwood - riding round there tomorrow night, must make sure I don't get swept away with the vibrant streetside atmosphere of a summer's night in commuter belt Essex. I was brought up just down the road in c/ford which, bad though it was, seemed like a mecca of excitement in comparison

Brentwwod is the ideal place to get nailed by a 4x4 Des - often in the Town Centre on a Saturday! The traffic is stuck fast but TWICE I have been doored passing through there :rolleyes:, once I rode my front wheel on the blue bike into the little compartment thingy under the doorpull and KO-d a box of tissues :laugh: Frightened the life out of the 'white stiletto heeled' lady that exited! (I know I can do the 'frightening' bit anywhere - shut up!).

I think I might have liked that NC if I hadn't been burdened with that bloody rucksack - we'll do it again! Hit the pub this time though!

Top Bottom