England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Well I'm up for it although not 24th or 31st July, I think I have enough problems those weekends!

hehe game on.

I'll do a bit of a reconnaissance with a mind for early August then. Be it a Saturday hill special or just an addition to Sunday's ride out.

martint235

Dog on a bike
hehe game on.

I'll do a bit of a reconnaissance with a mind for early August then. Be it a Saturday hill special or just an addition to Sunday's ride out.

Just remember it's NOT a race!! :unsure: It's an afternoon out trying to climb some hills for fun.

redjedi

Über Member
I won't be on this Sunday's ride, unless you all want to head west to the Ealing Skyride

I'll be there at about 10am before heading home for lunch, then down to Herne Hill Velodrome for a 2 hour track session :wacko:

Yep I'll be out.

Somewhere with some serious mud for your chain :whistle:. Seriously don't know, not too fussed really. Somewhere I've not been before would be nice which suggests W or SW but happy just cycling!

Did you do a tour to Richmond Park, Martin? Or Windsor, which is a bit further but comfortably do-able...easily in a group. Park or town have their strengths. River Thames features large too!

stevevw

Guru
I won't be on this Sunday's ride, unless you all want to head west to the Ealing Skyride

I'll be there at about 10am before heading home for lunch, then down to Herne Hill Velodrome for a 2 hour track session :wacko:

Luke we had nearly two hours last time we just paid for one. ;)

Be nice to see any of you Sunday Boy's and Girls at the Velodrome if you are passing. We will be in the pub after too.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Did you do a tour to Richmond Park, Martin? Or Windsor, which is a bit further but comfortably do-able...easily in a group. Park or town have their strengths. River Thames features large too!

Nope I haven't been to Windsor or Richmond for at least 15 years (apart from after being to Twickers to watch rugby)

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Rather than try to fathom quoting from a mobile device that doesn't get on with javascript, can I just say,

"Swains sounds interesting. I am forever being told 'bents don't climb. I should like to find out."
"I am not arty farty. I am the turgid end product of inspiration without any vents."
"...and I am out this Sunday provided I can be home by 1300hrs as per ever :biggrin: "

des.o

Veteran
"Swains sounds interesting. I am forever being told 'bents don't climb. I should like to find out."

"...and I am out this Sunday provided I can be home by 1300hrs as per ever :biggrin: "

24 times or it doesn't count.... I'd come along to watch that...

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Oh darn. I can't do this weekend due to partaking in the Evan's Hatfield RideIT event. I'm sure I'll be dead the weekend after as well after FNRttC.

des.o

Veteran
Stirring I Was. Wished I'd gone down to watch the Swaintoux bash though, really cool idea for an event. I've ridden with most of the riders in that vid and they leave me for dust on the hills (and the flat) even when I've got gears. If the top finishing time was 2h 30m odd, I'd be way over 4hr if I managed it at all. There was even a 40 lap performance which doesn't bear thinking about.

Oh darn. I can't do this weekend due to partaking in the Evan's Hatfield RideIT event. I'm sure I'll be dead the weekend after as well after FNRttC.

Long shot but. Look out for a guy, early 30s, riding a red Raleigh racer. Slim, 1.70 - 1. 80m. I rode the A5 with him last Sunday and talked about our Sunday Rides in Evangelical mode...he was the one who had just been for a picnic in Regents P. - lives in Hatch End. He was looking forward to the Evans ride too! Have fun!

FNRttC - Sunday is the perfect opportunity for a recovery ride Abs - beats lying in bed...assuming, of course, that everyone has arrived back in London by then!

Top Bottom