England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I'll be at the dt, might be on the nano??

sorry about this morning chaps. Got just about 4 hours kip last night due to the baby. Im going to get out in a little bit to get some miles under my belt. Fingers crossed I can make it out next week.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Ah, but you missed a lovely one. 'Teef and Topcat, Ian and self, fair smelling ladies of the park, a cameo by Mikey, tourists, skaters, fair weather fairies, sun(ny) london riders, coffee, and two enormous dogs.

Mista Preston said:
sorry about this morning chaps. Got just about 4 hours kip last night due to the baby. Im going to get out in a little bit to get some miles under my belt. Fingers crossed I can make it out next week.

Clive - we missed you , truly! there's always next week - stay cool. Oh! and you missed Ian getting a roller massage from a 'very fit' bladeusse (is that the female of 'blader?)

Sadly, so did he. :biggrin:

A nice social event today - it augurs well for a high Summer picnic venue at HP...a Friday afternoon prior to the FNRttC? :smile::ohmy::ohmy: Nah!

Missed you Clive ;) (from Ian - you know what he's like)

24yqmad.jpg

2cfvqx.jpg

a tyre wrecker on a commute - who pays?

5ewo54.jpg

Who gives a toss about cyclists? Damn the expense
of a new tyre/tube/ selection of teeth - "we are doing a good job
talking about it!" Bolloc$s to you people on bikes!

2d0fg8z.jpg

Urban rockery takes shape...

21jbqjb.jpg

Signs of enlightenment in Park Lane

zojret.jpg

Nice price...

208fvhz.jpg

...shame about the body!

9j4113.jpg

I organised the CC backdrop for the lads...

30ax9he.jpg

But this motely cru didn't deserve a backdrop!
(Clive was absent because another night of
online Blackjack and Poker had left him...
...how you say? Drained!)

s4mgd0.jpg

In The Park, all the ladies were scented...

16bknye.jpg

...by Ian

2nuo9qw.jpg

...Big Boy Dave - looking trim, and...

iyg27r.jpg

Mr 'Residual Current 2010' - the world famous
author, Andy Allsopp!

2je1csh.jpg

Oh - and self, wondering why I bothered bringing a bike
to have a nice chat in the park with good guys!

jubnlz.jpg

A ride would not be complete without a
'Davywalnuts' dog picture, so...

ddzuyv.jpg

And I'm sure it was the scent of flowers Ian - not just the women...
(Although I'm happy to be wrong!)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
lovely ride today.. lovely warm sunshine.. good thing I slapped on some factor 30 before I left home. Sorry you couldn't make it Clive... here's hoping you can next week and the weather is just as nice. Hyde Park was busy with all sorts, cyclists, walkers, runners & skaters ... it was just glorious. London in warm sunshine has to be one of the greatest cities on earth.. bar none.. nice pics Teef... nicer bike Topcat.. back to Mr Arallsopp's after the ride for a nice cuppa tea and a force fed Magnum ice cream thank's to the very lovelly Mrs Arallsopp.. ably assisted my Master mini Arallsopp.

Aperitif said:
Clive - we missed you , truly! there's always next week - stay cool. Oh! and you missed Ian getting a roller massage from a 'very fit' bladeusse (is that the female of 'blader?)

Sadly, so did he. :smile:

A nice social event today - it augurs well for a high Summer picnic venue at HP...a Friday afternoon prior to the FNRttC? :angry::ohmy::ohmy: Nah!

Missed you Clive :smile: (from Ian - you know what he's like)

Cheers Tif

Sorry to miss the ride all, the weather was great,

I was awake most of the night with the little one which was tough. Had 4 hours sleep by 8am so I took the opp to get a couple more. I was totally gutted to not make the ride. I only get out on weekends so the Sunday ride is a lifeline for me. I managed to get out for a short 17 miler this afternoon which kept the cobwebs away for another week at least.

http://connect.garmin.com/dashboard?cid=877847

Gotto to get some miles in preparation for the next night ride.

hope to back for next sunday

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Nice pics Martin and good to see you back on the ride!

And where are all these new bikes springing up from? Has someone found a nice fertile carbon fibre spawning ground?!

Clive in answer to your question, I'm not sure when I'll be back yet - got a lot on and a great deal of life to sort out first- I hope putting everything on the backburner will be worth it but there is a chance it may not be.

Hoping to get out on the bike this week -may even pay you a visit Ian- when is a good day? Will have to see how I'm doing as don't want to overdo it as getting tired very easily these days :angry:

All those ss jerseys...what fine weather!

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Thanks 'Teef - is that the pic of the pothole you came off on? Or just another pothole out of many?

Your bike is a smart object Dave - keep it well away from stevevwreckingball :ohmy:

Spesh saddle eh...sign of ageing rump ;) :biggrin:

And you captured the 'backmasseuse' - good job!
And the guy in the café was a big unit wasn't he? - good for him to take a tour.

Top Bottom