England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So, did anybody get to try out the new Fat Boy's? If so, what was the verdict?
Dave poo-pooed the idea...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So, did anybody get to try out the new Fat Boy's? If so, what was the verdict?

Yes we did.And the BBQ pulled Chicken Burger was simply scrumptious. The menu has been scaled down to what it was though.
Second time I have been there and the new owners are really friendly.
They said they are building a terrace in a month that will surround the diner so that they can have more outside seating.

10689787_662430080542244_5189112362265654394_n.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Yes we did.And the BBQ pulled Chicken Burger was simply scrumptious. The menu has been scaled down to what it was though.
Second time I have been there and the new owners are really friendly.
They said they are building a terrace in a month that will surround the diner so that they can have more outside seating.

10689787_662430080542244_5189112362265654394_n.jpg
I've never heard of bib lettuce. It sound like something that grows in your unwashed lycra.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Are you talking about 'Randy Andy' (not Messrs. Allsopp or Cater), Dave, or the big cock in Trafalgar Square? Or something else entirely?

They have built up a 4 story high and wide container building, completely blocking the view of the river and the Dome from the Diner.

They have built up a 4 story high and wide container building, completely blocking the view of the river and the Dome from the Diner.
That's a shame. One of the pleasures of the location. As a London landmark, did it get a name yet...Gherkin, Razor, Cheesgrater, Walkie-Talkie etc? I think something like 'Blue Man Quay' or Blue, manky for short. I'd better go for a look next time I can...First, User10571's pastrami - now this!

U

User10571

I've never heard of bib lettuce. It sound like something that grows in your unwashed lycra.
Never mind bib lettuce, since when did buffalo have wings?
*Treats new menu with abject suspicion*
And don't get me started on the pastrami.....

EDIT
i've investigated further - Buffalo wings refers to something called 'Cuisine of the United States'.
Those last five words are loaded with more paradox than the Hoegh Osaka has JCBs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mind bib lettuce, since when did buffalo have wings?
*Treats new menu with abject suspicion*
And don't get me started on the pastrami.....

EDIT
i've investigated further - Buffalo wings refers to something called 'Cuisine of the United States'.
Those last five words are loaded with more paradox than... the Hoegh Osaka has JCBs.
Maybe the menu is digging a hole for itself and the venture will be sunk without trace.
When Trace comes back, pastrami might well be on the menu again.

U

User10571

Can I ask, do you do cryptic?
Just askin'?
ETA - and where has Trace gone? - I see her on a fairly regular basis on my commute....

As an aside, here's a first:
I have just bought a garment which is coloured red.
I have never desired or bought a garment in that colour.
F'ck knows how I'll look in it, I'm struggling with the concept, if truth be known.
The lure was a Rapha item (which I could probably do with, to replace my 10 yo waterproof), heavily discounted, and I have had a time sensitive £20.00 off voucher to take advantage of.
Dry for ~ £100.00 What's not to like?
But red?
That's right on the end of the visible spectrum.
*Goes off and buries head in hands in anticipation of delivery*
The perils of the interwebs.....

U

User10571

^ That should read Tacey, and not Trace *Rolls eyes* *Will not drive or operate machinery* tonight

Traffic lights are red, User10571 - trust me, you will be observed, nay seen, in abundance, and folk will take notice of you. Even the rain will stop at red.
*Rolls eyes* - it's what you get when looking at a decent saddle for a long time.
And *It's a bit nippy out* No wind though - I skipped the sauerkraut.(Yesterday was the cab age - as there were no buses...)

Top Bottom