England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
...and Brighton it was, with @Trickedem @rb58 @ianrauk, on HMS Queenie, with @iLB as stoker. Given the latter has never ridden any other recumbent, or to my knowledge any other tandem, you can imagine we had quite the time :smile:

See http://ridewithgps.com/trips/3942835 for details.

After our blistering* ascent of Ditchling, Andy and I were approached by the estate of Malcolm Campbell, and told that our record could not stand as we did not have official MSA or FIA Accreditation and had not done a reverse direction run. Richard Noble has subsequently contacted us to say that we cannot have his OBE and we caught Guy Martin fiddling around with the Rohloff.

Sorry for holding you up, centurions! :smile:

* blistering, as in the approximate speed that paint will be rejected by a poorly prepared surface when exposed to a moderately warm day.

rb58

Enigma
Right. The second Sunday of the month approaches, so who's in for the SLR this week?
For first timers, we meet by the Wellington Arch at Hyde Park Corner (not Marble Arch) from around 9.00am, departing in a random direction determined by who wants to go where at 9.30am. Wherever we go there is likely to be coffee and breakfast, and expect people to start to drift away from 12.30pm, although some will keep going and most likely return to central London.
See you Sunday........ unless it snows or something

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
If antibiotics clears this cold from hell then I'm in. Been off the bike for over a month so would prefer an easy one.

Tentatively planning to come into town for this. Was off the bike 3 weeks in December with sinus infection, only just getting back into the swing of things, so I'm with @ttcycle on this - please be gentle!

Top Bottom