England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Finally the truth - sportives are races after all ^_^

I only ever did one sportive with a load of folk from the British Culinary Herb Society.
It turned out to be a race against thyme. :smile:
Love life, love London.
Ian copy.jpg

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Anyone out on Sunday or Saturday? Apologies for the absence but I'm back!!!

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Can I request a bimble speed and minimal hills would be good to see you Mart. I had a BBQ but it's now been cancelled and I am itching to get out on a ride that isn't a commute.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Can I request a bimble speed and minimal hills would be good to see you Mart. I had a BBQ but it's now been cancelled and I am itching to get out on a ride that isn't a commute.
I'm happy just to potter. I've given up on any idea of training for LEL now.

Fat Boys is quite flat.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Sad news re LEL- are you still riding it and just easing off on training or sidelining it all together?

Where is Fat Boys (I know it's been ages since I've done any SLR)?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Sad news re LEL- are you still riding it and just easing off on training or sidelining it all together?

Where is Fat Boys (I know it's been ages since I've done any SLR)?
I'm still riding it, just that events this year kind of derailed my training.

Fat Boys is over at Trinity Bouy Wharf on the near City Airport.

wanda2010

Guru
Hmmm..........

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
We will need someone who knows theway though. I've been a couple of times but I doubt I could actually find it on my own!! :wacko:
It's only about half a mile off the cycle superhypeway that runs from Tower Bridge to Barking (CS3?). I might be out and about so I can get you there from Tower Bridge without recourse to maps or GPS.

redjedi

Über Member
Hello Sunday Riders :hello:
With no other plans this weekend I think I map pop into London this Sunday and join you. It's been a while; hopefully I can still remember the way to Hyde Park Corner.

Can we have a go on the cable car? I haven't been on it yet.

Hello Sunday Riders :hello:
With no other plans this weekend I think I map pop into London this Sunday and join you. It's been a while; hopefully I can still remember the way to Hyde Park Corner.

Can we have a go on the cable car? I haven't been on it yet.

Have you got that 'wazz green bike' thing out of your system yet, Luke? Twice the boys have been round to 'encourage' you to change...I hope this time you have done something sensible and got a Ti finish, or maybe a sleek matte carbon weave? ;)
Anyway, talking of colour, one of the interesting things 'en passant' was the work of Konstantin Dimopoulos. Some of you may think his work 'plane' - but it is deeply rooted in London life..Twigged what I'm on about yet?

879d4e68972705440928eae08fa2aeb9.jpg

redjedi

Über Member
Have you got that 'wazz green bike' thing out of your system yet, Luke? Twice the boys have been round to 'encourage' you to change...I hope this time you have done something sensible and got a Ti finish, or maybe a sleek matte carbon weave? ;)
Anyway, talking of colour, one of the interesting things 'en passant' was the work of Konstantin Dimopoulos. Some of you may think his work 'plane' - but it is deeply rooted in London life..Twigged what I'm on about yet?

879d4e68972705440928eae08fa2aeb9.jpg

I have temporarily got over the green machines. I'm now on a black and white carbon jobbie of the Canadian variety.

995818_10151770807313313_233576964_n.jpg

I'm now not a certainty for Sunday; had a stinking cold for a few days so may just go for a gentle pootle to blow the cobwebs off.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I have temporarily got over the green machines. I'm now on a black and white carbon jobbie of the Canadian variety.

I'm now not a certainty for Sunday; had a stinking cold for a few days so may just go for a gentle pootle to blow the cobwebs off.
But....but....but Sunday will be a gentle pootle!!!

Top Bottom