England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threefingerjoe

Über Member
Thanks, to ALL of you, for a GREAT EXPERIENCE! I had a wonderful time, and saw and learned things that I never could have on my own. Many of the sites you showed me aren't in the tourist guides. BTW, what was the name of the ferry that we crossed on? My bum has recovered from the hired saddle, and I'm looking forward now, to getting home to share stories and photos with my cycling buddies.

MICE, I can't view your pics. It says I need permission, or something. I'll try again, when I get home, on a familiar computer and browser, where I may have better luck!

Keep the rubber side down!
Joe

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Hi there, Joe, glad the saddle sores are healing. It was the Woolwich Ferry, sometimes called the Woolwich Free Ferry. It's most fun on weekdays when it's full of container trucks. They let the bikes off first and then set the trucks on you - with an open road ahead and a menacing rumble behind you it's perfect training for getting away quickly at the lights.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Who is the very tall, very handsome bloke in the middle with the dirty bike??
I think you'll find that clothes maketh the man!

The Woolwich Free Ferry has three boats and I think we were on the John Burns, named after this gent http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Burns

The Free Ferry was started by Sir Joseph Bazalgette http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Bazalgette the maker of modern London. I went to school with Bazalgette's great-great-grandson. Whatever happened to him?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And the Greenway is a Bazalgette invention is it not? Along with the 'Cathedral Of Sewage' The Abbey Mills pumping station
Abby%20Mills%20from%20embankment.JPG

Thanks, to ALL of you, for a GREAT EXPERIENCE! I had a wonderful time, and saw and learned things that I never could have on my own. Many of the sites you showed me aren't in the tourist guides. BTW, what was the name of the ferry that we crossed on? My bum has recovered from the hired saddle, and I'm looking forward now, to getting home to share stories and photos with my cycling buddies.

MICE, I can't view your pics. It says I need permission, or something. I'll try again, when I get home, on a familiar computer and browser, where I may have better luck!

Keep the rubber side down!
Joe

Glad you enjoyed yourself Joe. Your visit certainly gave us all a good excuse to learn more about London so thank you for that. The link to my pics is causing more excitement than the pics themselves! This is my third attempt -

Maybe a working link to pics here

Have a good rest of your holiday and a pleasant trip home.

Mice

And this is Ravensbourne College - a digital arts pixelaramagraphia.
25430_362332058650_642888650_3822938_3847814_n.jpg

Designed by 'Foreign Office Architects'. Nice. (No, not Nice, Greenwich, silly)

Top Bottom