England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A lovely day for a ride. It was 6° when I left home this morning under a cloudy sky. I set off for a few miles into the Kent countryside before making my way to HPC to see who was going to be waiting/turning up. Clive had already texted to say he was going to be late.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

So pushed on to HPC via the delights of the South East London pot holed roads.
Arrived on the dot of 9.30am to find Anthony and Martin waiting. Soon followed by Simon and Suzie.
For some reason someone took exception to my ride...
angry.gif
biggrin.gif

5564251311_b765cb84c2_z.jpg

You can set your clock by these guys...
5564249899_789e0c0de8_z.jpg

Off to stand guard and watch over Her Maj.
5564824322_290d91a081_z.jpg

So Becs turned up, followed by Luke and Liza (on her lovely blue Spesh)..
5564823056_317f90eef4_z.jpg

(Was happy to see that most people had made an effort to clean their rides for today
whistling.gif
thumbsup.png
)
His Royal Serenest Topcat decided to join the merry band. And soon after Abs and Andy arrived.
So it was a very healthy 12 people for the ride for today.

Where to go today? I know... the Olympic Park in Stratford. And so it was to be.
Weaving our way through Central and East London, the sun decided to make an appearance. And by the time we had got
to the parks cafe it was full blown sunshine and warm enough to sit outside in the sun whilst drinking tea/coffee/coke and munch on various
cakes/biccies/crosaints/bacon rolls etc.

It was time for Simon and Suzie to make a break for it whilst the rest of us took the Greenway to Beckton and on to Woolwich for the ferry to south of the river. Clive was slightly Pumkin shade so he zoomed off closely followed by Martin. The rest of us following the river all the way to London Bridge (The Shard is getting higher..) and the weather was getting warmer..(Arm warmers were taken off, Martin
tongue.gif
)
5564245747_30edf0096e_z.jpg

And on to Regent's Park where a couple of very fast, lung busting and heart bursting laps were to be had. More tea followed in the Cafe whilst we tried to find the cause of Liza'a puncture. (Hope it's sorted now Liza)

5564820362_f922acd01a_z.jpg

5564819464_d6e2dcf36f_z.jpg

Tea had and puncture fixed, myself and Dave said TTFN and headed back south of the River and home.
So 84 miles for the day today.
A good ride with good friends and the weather turned out warm and sunny. What more could one want?

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 22

martint235

Dog on a bike
and the weather was getting warmer..(Arm warmers were taken off, Martin
tongue.gif
)

And on to Regent's Park where a couple of very fast, lung busting and heart bursting laps were to be had. More tea followed in the Cafe whilst we tried to find the cause of Liza'a puncture. (Hope it's sorted now Liza)

Arm warmers should never have been put on in my opinion! If I could make it to Southend without arm warmers......

I think Luke just carries the p******* fairy around with him and it got the wrong person. :tongue:

redjedi

Über Member
A fabulous day for riding around London.

The Olympic stadium is finished apparently

30j64ol.jpg

We'll be the envy of the world
rolleyes.gif

The Greenway is my favourite part of East London, mainly because you don't know your in East London
Apart from when this bunch of yobs rode past

2pzcwaf.jpg

A couple of leg/lung busting laps of Regents park was enjoyed

And Ian partook of his favourite pastime of Specialized cleaning

2na0lzr.jpg

I think Luke just carries the p******* fairy around with him and it got the wrong person. :tongue:

Another puncture for Elize on the way out of the park. Problem found to be a hole in the side wall (which Ian had seen). Emergency tyre boot came out (carried ever since my last slashed tyre) and hole was patched, also adjusted the brake blocks has it looked like this was the cause of the hole and/or rubbing against the exposed tube through said hole.

The fairy was sent packing!

I'm already looking forward to the next ride.

martint235

Dog on a bike
So arm warmers are a no, but a full waterproof winter jacket is ok?

thumbsup.png

Absolutely. If there's going a be a slightly chilly easterly breeze, you can't beat a waterproof jacket. Hardly a winter jacket though, no padding of any kind. As stated, a yellow bin bag with a net inside!

Anyway off to my 4th Magnum!! Strawberry!! Yummy!!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
thanks, Dave.

Lookin' good Luke! You only have to lose the effete Bianchi and sub. it with a rinky-dinky Condor and you'll be there.

Nice photos all - I really must make a visit to Olympico, if only to see the Anish Kapoor blooming in the high tensile Spring.
I went for a roll around and back viaChorleywood, Harefield etc. Sun, buds and peace... perfect. Here's one for Becs.

ejhmyo.jpg

Two 'Davy dogs' in a field. Hello Davy, thinking of you! :hello:

redjedi

Über Member
Lookin' good Luke! You only have to lose the effete Bianchi and sub. it with a rinky-dinky Condor and you'll be there.

Funnily enough we did stop at the Condor store to steam up the windows.

Unfortunately they were closed and I didn't have my credit card anyway :tongue:

Two 'Davy dogs' in a field. Hello Davy, thinking of you! :hello:

What's happened to Davy? Haven't seen him for a while.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Funnily enough we did stop at the Condor store to steam up the windows.

Unfortunately they were closed and I didn't have my credit card anyway :tongue:

What's happened to Davy? Haven't seen him for a while.

:hello: Hello, am here, just non-stop right now with lots going on and super busy, but thankfully its not down to getting a girlfirend, as CC and cycling are conditions of contract... hehehe.

Cya all on the 8th!

Hi Davy!

Thanks for a lovely sunday ride guys! It was great to stretch the legs a bit in places, even if my threat of hanging on to Abs' back wheel for as long as possible lasted for all of 10 seconds! Even got a bit sunburnt! :becool:

Richmond park next weekend maybe?

Top Bottom