England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi...good to meet you all on the ride today, v enjoyable - much faster than my usual pootle with Bromley cyclists, hope to catch up again soon.

Regards
Andy

Good to meet you too Andy. Great ride as always with a good contingent and great company. Sorry that Raptochic had to turn back.

The Canary is normally a good location but we were nearly disappointed buy security wombles. Thank you to Suzie for the Tea, I will pay you back next time.

Some great sights were seen today. 40 miles for me today Thank you all for making it another great Sunday ride

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry to have missed this.
Andy jxxx.. are you Mr Andy W per chance?
And is that your new bike?

Edit: It is Andy W.. I recognise the shirt.. who the bloody hell allowed a Gooner on the Sunday ride?

Nice one Andy, glad you made the ride.
Hopefully see you next week.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
we met at hpc with Andy and Susie/the babe putting in a first appearance,
so after the guards parade we made our way to canary wharf via many detours

Rapto wasn't feeling too confident since her off last week (ying and yang were bolls up)
so she decided to return home

So we sat down for coffee at canary wharf and plod asked us to move the bikes or else,
after some talks with the cafe owner and security hq they let us stay

Then it was ferry time with a short detour to the barrier which we couldn't get to on
the north side

So after the ferry we tried the barrier on the south side, then it was home time and the group split
with the massive going back south

Susie Simon and i pootled down to the dome along the thames path which spits you out on the blackwall tunnel approach which isn't nice, then made our way home.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Susie Simon and i pootled down to the dome along the thames path which spits you out on the blackwall tunnel approach which isn't nice, then made our way home.

The Thames Path should have taken you into the centre of Greenwich. There's a little bit near the Yacht pub where it's backstreet off the river, but you should have been able to get past Blackwall (which I agree is very not nice):tongue:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The Thames Path should have taken you into the centre of Greenwich. There's a little bit near the Yacht pub where it's backstreet off the river, but you should have been able to get past Blackwall (which I agree is very not nice):tongue:

Yup, Martin is correct. The Thames path runs all the way round North Greenwich (The Dome), you shouldn't have had to go anywhere near the Blackwall Tunnel.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Yup, Martin is correct. The Thames path runs all the way round North Greenwich (The Dome), you shouldn't have had to go anywhere near the Blackwall Tunnel.
part of it is closed. I didn't mind coming off, because it took us back up to Trafalgar Road, and then home, but, as Dave says, the Blackwall Tunnel approach isn't top of anybody's list (although I did ride the tunnel north to south in.............1975

26th September activities:sad:post-ride probably) Trafalgar Square, Eid ul Fitr (one way to get fitr on a Sunday Ride :rolleyes:)

AKEEM AKA FRANCK NITTI

singing about his 'Secteur' sounds good. Right up Ian's street rue!
dancing.gif

http://www.myspace.com/akeem93blk

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...

andy_jxxx

Hi Ian

I'm also now on a spesh roub, its much lighter but my legs are just as slow....
Hope to catch up soon

Andy
ps Gooners looking good for the worthless cup !

Sorry to have missed this.
Andy jxxx.. are you Mr Andy W per chance?
And is that your new bike?

Edit: It is Andy W.. I recognise the shirt.. who the bloody hell allowed a Gooner on the Sunday ride?

Nice one Andy, glad you made the ride.
Hopefully see you next week.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
they're all sleeping Clive

i'll be about (really want to head up to ally pally) keeping an eye on the weather

Top Bottom