Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
We watch the house over the back with its growing population of feral pigeons nesting and sheltering under their solar panels.

Our installer said that their droppings are very corrosive and can make a right mess of the systems they inhabit, and we were happy to go with netting for that reason.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Octopus have a new tariff for Solar + Battery customers. It looks pretty interesting if you are able to set your import and export times.
https://octopus.energy/smart/flux/
1676468422424.png

3hrs to charge batteries ……. Not very long is it . Need to work it out. Just got solar is need to work out the times that would help .

I'm going to have to do a lot of spreadsheets to cost this out for me.
I'm initially thinking it'd be good for summer months though.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

I’m probably too early in ownership to work out the sums . Need to get a few months under my belt to see how the system performs . On other solar forums , some big panelled roofs are producing cracking outputs even in Feb !

There is another Windter cashback tomorrow - on from the one yesterday (??? or was it the day before??)

anyway - last time I charged the batteries before the 'event' started - we get the results tomorrow

so far we have gained cashback of about £5.60 from the previous 4 events - although the best one was over £4 of that

I will see how it goes this time

Milkfloat

An Peanut

That was my thought - for summer it is great, for winter it is good. I am unsure, as at the moment I am on a good tariff which if I leave I will not be able to go back onto it. My current thoughts are to wait and see what things look like at the end of my tariff.

The last two times there has been one of those energy saving hours I have set the batteries to charge for 90 minutes before it starts

As a result we have use a lot of power in the hours before the stated hour - then use naff all during the hour

which - judging by the criteria - if the easiest way to get something back

so far we are up to £6+
OK - not much - but better in my pocket than the government

Note - I can;t claim the discount from EDF as I am not on their limited 'trial'
Instead I go though an App called Hugo which started out as just displaying the Smart Meter data in a better way but has added this as an extra
I think Loop Energy do the same
other providers might as well

Top Bottom