Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
why did you need planning permission?? im guessing thats what you meant

I went with a ground array. I'd needed to repair the shed roof, that and the extra scaffolding cost. Its a large array - 80kW We run 3 Evs so would like to have the ability to fully charge from solar.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I went with a ground array. I'd needed to repair the shed roof, that and the extra scaffolding cost. Its a large array - 80kW We run 3 Evs so would like to have the ability to fully charge from solar.

Thats a big array, top man for building that……would love to see when its done

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I have no idea. I was just giving one possible answer as to why CrxAndy may have needed planning permission (not the actual reason as it turns out).

I wasn't for one moment suggesting you might - you were asking why he did.

i was asking, due to you stating about the brecon beacons national park……i live within the park.

But yeh andys system is going to be pretty big.

Alex321

Guru
i was asking, due to you stating about the brecon beacons national park……i live within the park.

But yeh andys system is going to be pretty big.

Ah. Didn't know you live in the Beacons, I just knew it was South Wales.

For 20 years until December 2019, I lived between Merthyr and Ponststicill, about a mile (by road) inside the National Park boundary.

And I'm pretty sure we would have needed planning permission for roof mounted panels early on in our ownership. Looking at the current documentation, that seems to have changed in the last 10 years or so, as long as you are not in one of the conservation areas or are a listed building or a couple of other situations). For most now, the same rules for permitted development of microgeneration equipment apply as in the rest of Wales.

Hebe

getting better all the time
What part was missing?..
A master controller of some sort. He's picking it up first thing Wednesday. We've now got 14 panels up, battery and inverter/ev charger in place, just needs this last bit before the big switch on 🤞:hyper:And yes, we need sunshine too. Though even if that doesn't happen it will be good to charge the car more quickly and without a house door open for the cable.

D

Deleted member 26715

Threatened my installer with Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act this morning, given them 10 working days to get the install finished or I will start proceedings to get my money back.

Alex321

Guru
Threatened my installer with Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act this morning, given them 10 working days to get the install finished or I will start proceedings to get my money back.

There was a massive delay with us before getting the battery and the Eddi immersion controller installed, but we didn't pay for those parts of the system until they were.

You've paid for it with your credit card? Section 75 only applies to Credit Card purchases.

D

Deleted member 26715

What are you waiting for?

What was their response?
It to be completed, installation date was 14th August

They didn't have the datalogger when it was first installed, then a couple of weeks later they did, but couldn't access it as they didn't have a Installer code, in the end I contacted Growatt who provided me one, which I am still using.

It then didn't work with the Growatt battery as they had thrown away the small terminators that needed putting into the battery network ports so that the battery knew it was the only one there. I ended contacting a Growatt installer in London who generously sent me 2 free in the post, which as soon as I fitted them got the system sort of working.

The battery then charged overnight from the grid, so again I contacted Growatt support, who changed the configuration form battery first to load first (I think)

The single CT clamp was put in the wrong connecting cables

The second CT clamp is still outstanding, the system will not correctly fully function until it has been fitted, been promised this since end of August

I have no MCSE certifications

I have no DNO certifications

As I don't have the above 2, I am giving my excess to Octopus for free

I have no bird netting (trivial & in this area not sure it's necessary)

I was sold the system on the specific requirement that it would be seamless in the event of a power cut, we had a power cut, the system shut down!

I am emailing them on each Monday & Friday morning, I'm no longer getting a response.

But apart from that I'm very happy with the installation.

Top Bottom