Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I keep going out in the rain/wind, but today I threw in the towel and put my feet up.
We have floods everywhere and it's still tipping down. Anyone recommend a turbo trainer? (-:

I keep going out in the rain/wind, but today I threw in the towel and put my feet up.
We have floods everywhere and it's still tipping down. Anyone recommend a turbo trainer? (-:
I dont set off in the rain unless I have too, but I dont mind when out, though I did tip it down somewhat, on the fastest downhill stretch last night, that was a bit scary.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Enjoyed a nice 19 miles this morning apart from a close pass. Wearing red jacket with front and rear lights and a straight bit of road. I could hear a car coming up behind me but as it was obvious there was a car coming the other way I assumed he would hold back, but no he just carried on as though I didn't exist. The other car blasted him and I'm afraid my gestures and shouts weren't very lady like! Could only have been inches between the three of us :cursing:

Enjoyed a nice 19 miles this morning apart from a close pass. Wearing red jacket with front and rear lights and a straight bit of road. I could hear a car coming up behind me but as it was obvious there was a car coming the other way I assumed he would hold back, but no he just carried on as though I didn't exist. The other car blasted him and I'm afraid my gestures and shouts weren't very lady like! Could only have been inches between the three of us :cursing:
You dont need to be in those situations. Glad your ok and unscathed.

Is it advisable to take the centre of the road past traffic islands and or pinch points?

I would, especially if you have some speed, though I always feel awkward if going up and I am going slow, but I try and judge whats best (invariable get it wrong though)

Leescfc79

Über Member
Feeling really bad, not been out for a week due to being away from home for a long weekend and having a stinking cold, I was going to get out today but 25 mph winds and driving rain has put me off!

Next chance will be the weekend so going to try and get a couple of decent rides in, finally signed up for the wiggle no excuses (short 45 mile route) last week so really need to start getting some miles in.

number3

Marathon Runner
Almost a 19.3 miles done today and my first ride out in the wet. I haven't had a ride yet where I haven't been disappointed to see the home stretch and wishing I was going a bit further but, I am still new so I'm holding back a little bit to build up a good solid foundation with which to build on. http://app.strava.com/activities/28784969 (I forgot to start my Garmin until I was about a mile into the ride)

Almost a 19.3 miles done today and my first ride out in the wet. I haven't had a ride yet where I haven't been disappointed to see the home stretch and wishing I was going a bit further but, I am still new so I'm holding back a little bit to build up a good solid foundation with which to build on. http://app.strava.com/activities/28784969 (I forgot to start my Garmin until I was about a mile into the ride)
Done that b4, but usually with the phone before I got the garmin.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
Only got out for 8.4 miles tonight but did it in 37 mins and blasted a flat Strava section on a very dark cycle path. 3.9 mile section at an average of 16.4 mph.

Heavy rain and 20 mph winds forecast for tomorrow night. My favourite weather. 15 miles planned.

Got a couple of pairs of Wiggle padded roubaix bib tights. 2 pairs for £60 with a £5 discount code. Great value. Sounded a bit odd when I got in and my first words to the Mrs were "those new tights were very comfy" :smile:

Only got out for 8.4 miles tonight but did it in 37 mins and blasted a flat Strava section on a very dark cycle path. 3.9 mile section at an average of 16.4 mph.

Heavy rain and 20 mph winds forecast for tomorrow night. My favourite weather. 15 miles planned.

Got a couple of pairs of Wiggle padded roubaix bib tights. 2 pairs for £60 with a £5 discount code. Great value. Sounded a bit odd when I got in and my first words to the Mrs were "those new tights were very comfy" :smile:
Our lass looked at me with a quizzical look too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom