Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A scalp is a scalp
I was gaining on some road bikes, but we parted before I caught up.
A much slower ride today, extra weight and full of stops so no real rhythm till towards the end.
A bit of headwind on the first half, and an easy Cat4 as well, since shifting the brake levers and the adjust the handlebars the bike is more comfortable, every thing just seems so much easier, hardly ever get out of breath (not trying hard enough you may say)
http://app.strava.com/activities/52110281

Mo1959

Legendary Member
A much slower ride today, extra weight and full of stops so no real rhythm till towards the end.
A bit of headwind on the first half, and an easy Cat4 as well, since shifting the brake levers and the adjust the handlebars the bike is more comfortable, every thing just seems so much easier, hardly ever get out of breath (not trying hard enough you may say)
You must have a better set of lungs than me. I still puff and pant up the hills almost as bad as when I started :sad:
Looks a nice route. Glad the bike is feeling better set up.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

I saw this, shall we say, portly, lady going up a hill today, so me being me shot by her, shouted morning and disappeared around the bend, luckily for me there was another bend I got around before she could get around the first one to see me dying on my arse!

boybiker

Guru
You must have a better set of lungs than me. I still puff and pant up the hills almost as bad as when I started :sad:

I still puff and pant up hills and I'm only 22! All be it I abused my body with crap food and lots of alcohol for most of my teenage years! :whistle:

So there's defiantly nothing to feel bad about getting out of breath when tackling them hills. :thumbsup:

It took a few knocks today, when I got to the top theres a nice view of Emley moor transmittor, so i stopped for a cig and sat on this log (well tree trunk) witht the bike resting against it, and blow me but it moved and I and the bike ended up on the deck.
It was nice, apart from going through Wakefield, not that traffic bothers me, just tedious, but had stuff to drop off at the O.H.'s daughters, if it hadn't been for that I wouldn't have done the route anyway, so blessing's.
According to the climb by bike formula this was the most difficult days ridding I have done, with Tuesday being a close 2nd. I did 74.87Km's climbed 655.62 meters yesterday, compare with today's 68.94Km climbed 830.88 meters, the score for yesterday was 7,492.98 and today 12,423.82.

I still puff and pant up hills and I'm only 22! All be it I abused my body with crap food and lots of alcohol for most of my teenage years! :whistle:

So there's defiantly nothing to feel bad about getting out of breath when tackling them hills. :thumbsup:
I doubt you abuse your body any worse than I have/do, I smoke roll ups, and had a drink dependency for what really was just over a decade, possible why I am so slow compared with others (but there are many factors involved there).
It also depends on the hill, locally to me there is nothing like you have Elliot, or Mo.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I doubt you abuse your body any worse than I have/do, I smoke roll ups, and had a drink dependency for what really was just over a decade, possible why I am so slow compared with others (but there are many factors involved there)
It's not fair. Have never smoked unless you count trying it as a kid. Don't drink. Weight down to 8 stone 7lbs. I look like I should be a great climber but I'm not. Not a lot more I can do. Just going to have to accept that I will always be a plodder. :laugh:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
It's not fair. Have never smoked unless you count trying it as a kid. Don't drink. Weight down to 8 stone 7lbs. I look like I should be a great climber but I'm not. Not a lot more I can do. Just going to have to accept that I will always be a plodder. :laugh:

Maybe you just need to try harder :tongue:

I saw this, shall we say, portly, lady going up a hill today, so me being me shot by her, shouted morning and disappeared around the bend, luckily for me there was another bend I got around before she could get around the first one to see me dying on my arse!
I had something like that today, though this was a guy on a mountain bike (I think, I really don't take much notice of what people ride), going up a slight incline, well a little more than that, he was merrily spinning away in what ever gear, I am not going to say much about his riding position other than it didn't look to good, I had to wait slightly for a couple of cars to overtake, it was about 7.8% grade and I was in a 61" gear (as you can tell it wasn't very long).

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
It took a few knocks today, when I got to the top theres a nice view of Emley moor transmittor, so i stopped for a cig and sat on this log (well tree trunk) witht the bike resting against it, and blow me but it moved and I and the bike ended up on the deck.
It was nice, apart from going through Wakefield, not that traffic bothers me, just tedious, but had stuff to drop off at the O.H.'s daughters, if it hadn't been for that I wouldn't have done the route anyway, so blessing's.
According to the climb by bike formula this was the most difficult days ridding I have done, with Tuesday being a close 2nd. I did 74.87Km's climbed 655.62 meters yesterday, compare with today's 68.94Km climbed 830.88 meters, the score for yesterday was 7,492.98 and today 12,423.82.

I know it isn't right, but I did laugh as I read this.

It will come all of sudden, remember Mo you regularly do a lot of climbing, my avg sp today was 13.5mph ( there were also a lot of junctions ect)
You could try some weight training on the bike, as in extra weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom