Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Isn't it great to remember how we used to struggle up places we can now get up there? I'm awake early for some reason and I think I may just have been inspired to get out and join the birds and maybe even go and tackle one of my own hill routes (few and far between in Sleaford)

Have a great weekend folks :smile:
they might few but I know a steepish one. Just don't linger at the lay-by to long.

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
they might few but I know a steepish one. Just don't linger at the lay-by to long.

Might I get propositioned Nigel?

It's not the one I'm thinking of then, unless I've just been out at the wrong time. And don't forget I'm a MAWIL, not some glamorous young thing, I'd soon frighten them off Lol

:-D
It's just on the hill as you come up east on the A17 just before the DOT checking station.
And to be honest from what I understand age is really a concern, I just know a few from when I used to drive.

I done the Reading to Bright friday night ride to the coast, I have just got home from it all! It was a mixed ability group so not a pacey ride by thoroughly enjoyable none the less!

Night ride : http://app.strava.com/activities/48522972
Well done Elliot. Speed doesn't really matter on rides like that.

IanA

tomorrow may well end in me been fetched in the car...

the club is discussing a route on Facebook at the moment, around 25 miles, or so they tell me ! most I've covered is 15 ! I'm going to try it, weather permitting. Downside will be that the return leg will be into a 20mph wind ! !

So I will be the plodder tomorrow !

Mo1959

Legendary Member
tomorrow may well end in me been fetched in the car...

the club is discussing a route on Facebook at the moment, around 25 miles, or so they tell me ! most I've covered is 15 ! I'm going to try it, weather permitting. Downside will be that the return leg will be into a 20mph wind ! !

So I will be the plodder tomorrow !
You could always take your turn at the front on the way out then tuck in at the back on the return if they don't mind. Hope you enjoy it.
Weather up here is to take a turn for the worse this week with quite a bit of rain and strong winds. Can see my mileage plummeting!

IanA

We had sunshine this morning, but I elected to not ride, legs hurt from yesterday, so day off!

Now it's all gone grey and rain is forecast for this afternoon until lunch time tomorrow !

At least it's warmer, just doesn't feel it with the wind !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom