Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boybiker

Guru
I managed to get out for a late night ride to test my new lights... Well that's the excuse I used :laugh: I'm upto 8% on the strava challenge, hopefully I will be able to get to 50% by the end of April.

Tonight ride: http://app.strava.com/activities/47540916

Strava segments now officially mean nothing as I'm ranked 4th on two of them, all be it on the same road with slightly different start/end points. :laugh:

SWSteve

Guru
I managed to get out for a late night ride to test my new lights... Well that's the excuse I used :laugh: I'm upto 8% on the strava challenge, hopefully I will be able to get to 50% by the end of April.

Strava segments now officially mean nothing as I'm ranked 4th on two of them, all be it on the same road with slightly different start/end points. :laugh:

great work! that route looks like you're ether going up, or waiting to start a new climb

Agree with Steve there, I used to drive some of those roads, so I know what they are like.
What lights did you get Elliot.

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Just go out, once your out you should feel better, if you still don't feel like it, go home.

Definitely go out, my legs have been aching for the last few days, and really ached at the start of today, once I was warmed up I really enjoyed todays ride. Hardest part of any ride is getting on the bike, once you have done that it is easy!

Well, just to update you (and I know the thread has moved on since then) but I did go for a sleep as I was soooooooo tired I almost felt poorly. When I woke up I felt loads better so got out for an hour. It was still lovely weather and I really enjoyed it. Didn't beat any PBs or anything,(except 26.8mph down a hill) but felt so much better for my extra Zzzzzzzzzzz

Lovely hubby fixed my clip less pedals and cleats last night, so trying those out today. Hope I get it right. Off to post browse through clipless thread to see about alignment

Have a great day everybody, sun shining again

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Reasonably pleased with my ride this morning as it included a couple of decent climbs. Just pipped my longest distance so far. Just wish my bum and lower back were more up to the task as my legs didn't feel too bad but I was really starting to feel uncomfortable.

It's a cumulative effect too and unless I take some rest days I think it is only going to get worse but this damn challenge is becoming addictive. :laugh:

Scotty1991

Off down sunny Great Yarmouth seafront with the holiday makers! :biggrin: a quick 10 mile cycle

Reece

Veteran
Oh dear, sounds like quite a common problem on here! :sad: Glad yours is working again. I'll try mine again tomorrow and hope for the best. May run strava on my phone simultaneously just in case it messes up again.
Is it still under warranty? If it is email garmin and all you need is proof of purchase date (I used a screen print of the online order confirmation) and they will send you one out.

Snarf

After my moan the other day I've kept to my word and done 14.33 miles in 1 hr 7 mins 4 secs to be exact! Went from where I live down the backstreets to Birmingham, round the roundabout at the bottom of the Spaghetti Junction (always a pleasure) and then into the back streets of Aston and Nechells. Great roads as lots of bus routes and hardly any traffic and no people around. A lovely ride and interesting to see the back streets of Birmingham, to see the falling apart of our industrial heritage.

I've just finished a book about gangs of Birmingham in the last three decades of the 1800's - 'From Sloggers to the Peaky Blinders' - and it was interesting to look for and find the roads where these gangs were from and to find roads such as the one opposite Aston train station where there was an infamous murder back in the late 19th c. Also interesting (to me at least) to see that the roads where these gangs were from were slums and now they are either inner city housing in what is seen as less than wonderful areas or wasteland. 100 yrs or more and still the area is the same.

Anyway, Paris - Roubaix is on - come on Fabian!!

Scotty1991

Lovely day nice and sunny :becool:

few pictures of the seaside! ^_^

2dgqpgx.jpg

15d2k3.jpg

w6713.jpg

http://app.strava.com/activities/47639799#831681690

philinmerthyr

Über Member
After seeing the hills I will need to ride in the London 100 yesterday, I changed my plans. Instead of a relatively flat 40 miles, I rode a hilly 14 miles that was more like the Surrey hills. I surprised myself and climbed over 900ft. It wasn't easy and I've a lot of training to do in the next 4 months but I did it without stopping too much.

The winter months have given me a good base fitness but I haven't lost the weight I had planned (I'm currently 21st). My average for the ride was 10.5mph which I'm sure will improve. I need to drop at lease 2 stone by August which will help as well.

I didn't break any records but I'm sitting here watching the Paris-Roubaix on Eurosport feeling very please with myself. I know what I need to do and an confident that I am focused enough to be ready for the 100 miles on 4th Aug.

If anyone can spare a few pennies my just giving sponsorship page is - http://www.justgiving.com/Phil-Lewis-London100

Here is the profile of my ride this morning

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom