Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do routes with loads of loops in them. I can do a 30+ mile ride and never be more than circa 5 miles from home, for example this one which only really has a couple of loops in it.

http://app.strava.com/activities/46758140

That way if you start getting anxious you know you can be home in less than half an hour.
I think about doing loops, the one I did this morning is an almost perfect 10miles, thought that includes the the 4 miles to the start of the loop, theres quite a few around here, but i hate doing circuits in the same day, I did one back in Jan if you recall, when we had all that snow. I think I am at the stage I could take the camera, without it slowing me down too much, I can forget about people then and concentrate on what i do best.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I think about doing loops, the one I did this morning is an almost perfect 10miles, thought that includes the the 4 miles to the start of the loop, theres quite a few around here, but i hate doing circuits in the same day, I did one back in Jan if you recall, when we had all that snow. I think I am at the stage I could take the camera, without it slowing me down too much, I can forget about people then and concentrate on what i do best.
..........and get some of the pics up here so we can all enjoy them :thumbsup:

Billy Adam

Totally agree with Chris, Nigel. Plan a route with plenty of bale outs that way if things start getting on top of you, you won't be to far away.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I didn't mean circuits, I mean't throw lots of different loops in on a smaller loop, for example turn off the main road do a loop of 5miles back to the main road, go further along the main road, do another 5 mile loop back to the main road, repeat 5 times and you will have done 25 miles in loops plus whatever on the main road.

Totally agree with Chris, Nigel. Plan a route with plenty of bale outs that way if things start getting on top of you, you won't be to far away.
I did that when I did the 100km in Nov, well toward the end there were.
I didn't mean circuits, I mean't throw lots of different loops in on a smaller loop, for example turn off the main road do a loop of 5miles back to the main road, go further along the main road, do another 5 mile loop back to the main road, repeat 5 times and you will have done 25 miles in loops plus whatever on the main road.
It would also make it easier knowing the roads and what to expect if you have been on them, as I have for most of the roads within a 15 mile radius of here.

I do like how you bring them out of the frame like that
Thanks Chris, this is one of the originals, I combined three exposures to create the image.
20110224-IMG_5075.jpg

Amazing isn't it. My dead strength with my photos are adjusting brightness, contrast, saturation and a bit of basic sharpening. I would love to learn Photoshop properly but don't have the patience.
I just like cycling, but more painful, :wacko:, i spent a long time learning (and continue to do so, like most things in life), though it gets me in trouble with the O.H. sometimes, when other things need doing.

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Well done on the rides this week everyone. I just got back from a few days in the lake district. It wasn't a cycling holiday but I took the bike anyway. ;) Got a couple of rides in but suffered major GPS dropout on both so I won't bother posting them here.

Also picked up a shiny new carbon toy on the way home - A Focus Cayo Evo 4.0. I'd been angsting over what bike to buy for a while and had narrowed it down to this or a Boardman SLR but then Edinburgh Bike Co-Op had 15% off everything over the Easter weekend which included Focus so that made my mind up! Picked it up from Manchester on the way home today.

Going to be a good day for cycling tomorrow so looking forward to getting out on it. :biggrin:

RWright

Guru
I just checked out the Focus Cayo Evo 4.0.....NICE :thumbsup: I hope the weather is nice for you, I am sure you will enjoy it.

I just got in from a 40 miler. It got dark but it wasn't cold and I felt good, so I went for my first 40. I didn't get hungry or thirsty but I am ready for some pizza now. ^_^ I found some nice new SMOOTH roads I may be using more this spring too. Was a nice day riding.

Also picked up a shiny new carbon toy on the way home - A Focus Cayo Evo 4.0. I'd been angsting over what bike to buy for a while and had narrowed it down to this or a Boardman SLR but then Edinburgh Bike Co-Op had 15% off everything over the Easter weekend which included Focus so that made my mind up! Picked it up from Manchester on the way home today.

Going to be a good day for cycling tomorrow so looking forward to getting out on it. :biggrin:
Very nice.
Looking forward to some pictures and your review of this.

Still ten more hours in the factory today before tomorrow's ride, fingers still,crossed for good weather.

I just checked out the Focus Cayo Evo 4.0.....NICE :thumbsup: I hope the weather is nice for you, I am sure you will enjoy it.

I just got in from a 40 miler. It got dark but it wasn't cold and I felt good, so I went for my first 40. I didn't get hungry or thirsty but I am ready for some pizza now. ^_^ I found some nice new SMOOTH roads I may be using more this spring too. Was a nice day riding.
Well done Rocky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom