Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scotty1991

It's grey and gale force here. You can't live somewhere that flat and not have strong winds, it's against the rules you know. :tongue: No but seriously well done on the ride.

aha strong winds yesterday was horrible then i wake up to today wish was a great day but over the weekend its going back to being horrible again :sad:

aha strong winds yesterday was horrible then i wake up to today wish was a great day but over the weekend its going back to being horrible again :sad:
What's new, I get to go out and it's naff weather. But having said that the last 20 rides or so the avg wind was less than 6mph.

boybiker

Guru
I'm getting really peeded off now... I still have this flu type thing so I'm driving to work in this lovely cycling weather! :cursing: I'm going out on Saturday to do a ride if it kills me. I should probably keep resting up but I cant wait any longer!

I'm getting really peeded off now... I still have this flu type thing so I'm driving to work in this lovely cycling weather! :cursing: I'm going out on Saturday to do a ride if it kills me. I should probably keep resting up but I cant wait any longer!
From what I have seen of the weather, it probably will. I have to go out tomorrow and really not looking forward to 30-40mph gusts.

IanA

From what I have seen of the weather, it probably will. I have to go out tomorrow and really not looking forward to 30-40mph gusts.

Do you not have snow forecast ?

We have an Amber warning 20-40cm of snow on high ground, 10-15cm everywhere else. We're at around 600' so guess somewhere in between , but with gale force winds at times ...all starts around midnight tonight , even light snow on Saturday ....

May prove fun driving to the airport on Sunday, I've one of those rear wheel drive, snowflake and I'm stuck kinda cars..hahaha

Do you not have snow forecast ?

We have an Amber warning 20-40cm of snow on high ground, 10-15cm everywhere else. We're at around 600' so guess somewhere in between , but with gale force winds at times ...all starts around midnight tonight , even light snow on Saturday ....

May prove fun driving to the airport on Sunday, I've one of those rear wheel drive, snowflake and I'm stuck kinda cars..hahaha
Wouldn't be German by any chance.
We got snow forecast, but i have to go to the hospital, and I am not ill (well not physically anyway), It suppose to ease off the snow a little after 9 till 3 be back by then, if not blown away somewhere. Though not really looking forward to it on slicks just hope the main roads are clear.

IanA

Wouldn't be German by any chance.
We got snow forecast, but i have to go to the hospital, and I am not ill (well not physically anyway), It suppose to ease off the snow a little after 9 till 3 be back by then, if not blown away somewhere. Though not really looking forward to it on slicks just hope the main roads are clear.

Yea German with very fat tyres too, never a good combination.....

Guess my kids will be at home then tomorrow ! School's bound to be closed !

Anyone here want a telescope, just stuck one on the classifieds !

RWright

Guru
Another windy day here and cool (to me). These 10 to 20 mph cool winds are really getting old. I guess I will go out and do 10 miles or so and hopefully not so much into the wind. :dry:

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Watched the weather forecast earlier and we are forecast snow here too on Saturday. :sad:

They said that this time last year, temperatures were in the early 20s. I can barely even remember what that's like....

I really can't believe it's going to snow a week before Easter though. :wacko: I've never known anything like this, not down here anyway.

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Then you will be complaining it's too hot. I have known it snow on the 1st of June, and cancel a first class cricket match. in 1975 I think.

I've been wondering what it's like to cycle in heat actually (I genuinely don't know!) The only time I've done it was on holiday in Menorca. I rented an old MTB and rode around the area of the island we were staying in. It was around 28-30C and I was going out in the heat of the day but the breeze and wind resistance kept me relatively cool, that was until I stopped and then it was like I had stepped into an oven. I ended up stopping the bike by the pool and hurling myself in. :laugh:

On that basis I think I'd be ok cycling in heat but days like today where it was 4C and I was just wearing one layer and was fine temperature wise make me wonder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom