Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyPeace

http://app.strava.com/activities/43430438

Perfect timing with the rain, it starts as I go out and stops the minute I reach home! Came down a descent I had not tried before, surface was 'a tad rural' and I think my avg speed on that bit would be comparable to my climb at Saintbury! It was dark and raining ;) Came across two cars tonight, one near Hatfield on my return, who stopped and pulled over to let me pass and one near the end on Fox lane, where we both slowed to a snails pace to pass each other carefully. I don't mind the rain, but it made the mud on some of the roads a bit slippery, so I didn't push as hard as I planned.

monkeylc

Über Member
Got another 27 miles in tonight, went a different route to try and build some time up for the giro challenge, got to try and pace my self more. Wasn't pushing tonight but still getting to 18-19 mph. https://www.strava.com/rides/43406405

you a non stop animal :thumbsup:

monkeylc

Über Member
need to get out for a ride!!

But................going bed now.....

1 day off and been for an job interview....................sadly cant cycle cos I'll look like a mess when i get there :laugh:

will do if I get the job though : )

15 mile a day (total)

RWright

Guru
Where abouts are the deer popular? I can see myself heading that way!

I have them in my front yard sometimes, and about everywhere I ride. You might need some pontoons to get here, I think they make pedal powered ones now. :smile: BTW, the expression "deer in the headlights" is real. I have tried it with a very bright flashlight I have at home. I imagine with a T6 it is the same. You may have to make some noise to scare them off, they will freeze.

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

'kinell I accidentally wandered into a thread about politics last night and now I have tin foil hatters telling me that the invasion of Afghanistan was about oil, even though it doesn't even have any. Cause obviously it was nothing to do with 3000 people dying in New York or anything!

Note to self: Stay away from those kind of threads! Or maybe just most of the forum...

More importantly, it's still raining constantly and my shoulder still hurts from my fall. :sad: Trying to find the motivation to use the Turbo at lunchtime but it's difficult.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
'kinell I accidentally wandered into a thread about politics last night and now I have tin foil hatters telling me that the invasion of Afghanistan was about oil, even though it doesn't even have any. Cause obviously it was nothing to do with 3000 people dying in New York or anything!

Note to self: Stay away from those kind of threads! Or maybe just most of the forum...

More importantly, it's still raining constantly and my shoulder still hurts from my fall. :sad: Trying to find the motivation to use the Turbo at lunchtime but it's difficult.

Ha, ha....you should know better. Steer well clear of religion and politics.

Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Hope it heals quickly.

Miserable here today. That good Scots word dreich sums it up nicely. Dull, cold and constant heavy drizzle. Was needing a rest day anyway. Only problem is outlook is more of the same with winds picking up too......can see several rest days on the horizon! :sad:

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Miserable here today. That good Scots word dreich sums it up nicely. Dull, cold and constant heavy drizzle. Was needing a rest day anyway. Only problem is outlook is more of the same with winds picking up too......can see several rest days on the horizon! :sad:

Yep I should have known better! I've steered well clear of the current affairs forum on here but this thread was in the cafe and now I've got sucked in. I've tried to unsubscribe from the thread several times but it keeps telling me when someone has replied!

The weather is the same here :sad: It's going to continue up to and including Saturday and then from Sunday onwards there's going to be very strong winds as well as black cloud, sigh. This is how I lost fitness before in Feb and Jan, too many rest days!. I had one yesterday so I really don't want to do nothing again today. Must try and find the motivation for the dreaded turbo.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Yep I should have known better! I've steered well clear of the current affairs forum on here but this thread was in the cafe and now I've got sucked in. I've tried to unsubscribe from the thread several times but it keeps telling me when someone has replied!

The weather is the same here :sad: It's going to continue up to and including Saturday and then from Sunday onwards there's going to be very strong winds as well as black cloud, sigh. This is how I lost fitness before in Feb and Jan, too many rest days!. I had one yesterday so I really don't want to do nothing again today. Must try and find the motivation for the dreaded turbo.

Get yersen's some waterproofs, ride slower and enjoy a nice hot drink when you get back. Even if you do a few miles you will feel pleased with yourselves.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Get yersen's some waterproofs, ride slower and enjoy a nice hot drink when you get back. Even if you do a few miles you will feel pleased with yourselves.

Deep down I know you are right. Feeling a bit guilty, although in all fairness, I was getting a bit leg weary and saddle sore anyway.

I have a decent exercise bike but I detest it. Had a 4 mile dog walk this morning and going again at 2. Keeps the legs moving I suppose.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Deep down I know you are right. Feeling a bit guilty, although in all fairness, I was getting a bit leg weary and saddle sore anyway.

I have a decent exercise bike but I detest it. Had a 4 mile dog walk this morning and going again at 2. Keeps the legs moving I suppose.
The hours you have done this week there is no reason to feel guilty, my saddle soreness has about gone, though must admit I am free wheeling more this week than normal

Ha ha, I wandered into that thread by mistake, couldn't hit the back button quick enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom