Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I did 15.5 mile in 1:07.23 today (cateye comp) for a job interview. That does include trying to find the place..
Oadby to Anstey lane. (and back)
Might give Strava a go on my phone,thought it was only used on Garmin....
Quite a few phones support it (or strava can be used on quite a few phones) or if you have tcx/gpx/fit file you can upload these.
Good pace.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Did 4.5 miles commute then decided as it was a bloody gorgeous day I would go home early and go for a nice ride. Did about 17 miles, got home and bloody strava keeps failing to upload the bloody thing. Most disappointed.

Oh well.

Old mans away to the Falklands for next couple of weeks so house sitting and loads of dogs to walk so besides ride to work probably only be weekends for awhile.

Long lead, loop over seat post, away you go. I presume you will be able to keep up with the dogs, you never know you might get a dog aided KOM :crazy:

Kins

Über Member
I thought I replied and it seems to have disappeared.

You need both, GPS to track the ride and internet to upload it to Strava

Yeah it works fine usually m8, I use the wifi in the flat or work to upload. Keeps trying to upload but fail message everytime. Strava is fine because I have checked my mad ride down the hill this morning on my MTB. Managed 35.2 mph which was fun.

I think it might be buggered as I used a cycle route for about 3 or 4 miles because roads were jam packed and the exhaust fumes were irritating my throat.

monkeylc

Über Member
Quite a few phones support it (or strava can be used on quite a few phones) or if you have tcx/gpx/fit file you can upload these.
Good pace.
Cheers,thats made my day mate ^_^
Got wifi in the house so should be able to upload after?
so gps and strava record the ride and then I upload with wifi at home?
Sounds good to me :thumbsup:

AndyPeace

My goal of 500 miles seems a bit better planned this month, only 33 miles to go (last month I had over 50 still to find on the last day). I thought I'd smash this target, but it was harder than I thought, I was ill for a week, so only manged my commutes that week, but other than that it's all gone to plan, at least as much to plan as an Andrew can ;) Mega pleased with my KOM today as I topped the table by a sizable lead :smile: I'm sure I once said I'm not a competitive person...I may have to revise that...

monkeylc

Über Member
My goal of 500 miles seems a bit better planned this month, only 33 miles to go (last month I had over 50 still to find on the last day). I thought I'd smash this target, but it was harder than I thought, I was ill for a week, so only manged my commutes that week, but other than that it's all gone to plan, at least as much to plan as an Andrew can ;) Mega pleased with my KOM today as I topped the table by a sizable lead :smile: I'm sure I once said I'm not a competitive person...I may have to revise that...
good going matey :thumbsup:

Billy Adam

Well done Andy.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Well done, 500 miles is brilliant, Strava bug hits us all eventually, we hold Strava Anonymous meetings every Tuesday night, you are welcome to come and join in.

Cheers,thats made my day mate ^_^
Got wifi in the house so should be able to upload after?
so gps and strava record the ride and then I upload with wifi at home?
Sounds good to me :thumbsup:
If its like endomondo (never used strava on the phone it wouldn't run it), when you have finished it will try to upload via your wifi, if your phone is set up shouldn't be a problem, just load the app, details to you strava account ( I presume) I always found using endomondo better for the reason you can download tcx files, which can hold more information about the ride, but if its just to record the ride and times, strava is fine.

Well done Andy, I passed 500 miles this month today, 4,000 since I started in June, the other day, and finally my speed seems to be increasing (dont want to say to much about that, I usually go back down under 14mph avg), it's just I did it on an avg 1% grade for half the distance (obviously the other half is -1%) it's not the first time (14.01mph 25.3miles 55.45ft per mile) today 14.36mph over 27.4 miles 53.05ft per mile, the other ride was marginally more difficult @ 65.92 today 64.53 (these figures are / by 100 to make a usufull figure),
Also having had a visit from the fairy, I still managed to 82% of the time I was out, about 15 mins to change the tube and check the tyre.

Boon 51

Veteran
You can follow others on Strava, some have their settings set to private and you have to ask permission, others are not set to private and you just select the follow button. When you post your ride here others can follow you if you are not set private. If you follow someone you get an email when they post an activity to Strava.

Ok.. that makes sense.. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom