Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Snarf

Didn't want to go out this morning but found that all the excuses I've used in the last month can't be used now - no snow, neck is feeling fine, so out for only 6th ride in February and did 7.5 miles in 34 mins 40 secs and it was 1 degree out and trying to snow. Feel really good now as I can feel the blood coursing through my veins trying to knock the fuzz away from the blocked arteries!

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Oh you don't know my wife :laugh: :laugh:
The plan was to finish it first thing this morning while it warms up (ahem) it's trying to snow at the moment, so no rush :cold:

Oh dear :laugh: Yeah it's pretty miserable out there. I'm psyching myself up for a ride later. Fortunately my new gloves came yesterday so hopefully my hands won't freeze at least. I just hope.......you know what doesn't happen again!

Just got back from a 30mile club ride. Very cold out and constant light snow. We were up the some of the highest ground in leicester and the snow was settling. A little worrying on the downhills.

Will add strava link later once uploaded on the pc.

Nice one Reece, it must have been bloody freezing this morning (literally). I think I would have joined a club by now if they went out at a reasonable time, like 1pm. :whistle:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I got our lass out again today, did 16.4 miles. I also managed to get joint 1st place on a segment today I now have 6 KOMs on my own and 2 that I am tied with, not bad for someone who swore he would never segment chase!

Bitterly cold in Leicester today, so feet up and an afternoon of sport for me. Well done to anyone who has gone out and faced the cold, I swear it is colder than when we had the snow.

Oh dear :laugh: Yeah it's pretty miserable out there. I'm psyching myself up for a ride later. Fortunately my new gloves came yesterday so hopefully my hands won't freeze at least. I just hope.......you know what doesn't happen again!
:
I have just been for a short walk to assess the temp, it started snowing so I have thrown the towel in for today :surrender:
I will have plenty of chances in the middle of the day this week as driving the school coach.

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

I have just been for a short walk to assess the temp, it started snowing so I have thrown the towel in for today :surrender
I will have plenty of chances in the middle of the day this week as driving the school coach.

Blimey I hope that's not headed our way! No snow so far here. I won't be able to cycle tomorrow so I'm gonna try and get out later, even if it's just for a short ride. I'm gonna aim to cycle or at least use the turbo 4/5 days a week from now on. The only time my fitness improved was when I first started in August/September and I was cycling almost every day. Since then my speeds have just plateau'd

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Woke up to feeling like death warmed up.
Moving not good today. So no ride today.

That sucks. You're wise not to go out when you're feeling rough though, especially in this weather. Get well soon.

Reece

Veteran
Today's ride link. http://app.strava.com/activities/42075677

I got our lass out again today, did 16.4 miles. I also managed to get joint 1st place on a segment today I now have 6 KOMs on my own and 2 that I am tied with, not bad for someone who swore he would never segment chase!

Bitterly cold in Leicester today, so feet up and an afternoon of sport for me. Well done to anyone who has gone out and faced the cold, I swear it is colder than when we had the snow.
Nice one mate, just seen your joint KOM.

Noticed you go past my enemy segment lol - http://app.strava.com/activities/42070913#705232387 - last time I tried this segment, my chain slipped and I left a chunk of my kneecap on the handlebars/stem lol.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Speedball

Had another ride out yesterday morning and managed another 20.7 miles. Wanted to stay out longer but couldn't feel my fingers or toes by the end so wussed out. http://app.strava.com/activities/41924427

Can honestly say the first 20 minutes of this ride were some of the most miserable I'd ever had on a bike. Thighs were burning after three rides and a gym session in the days before. That combined with freezing weather, light snow and a head wind made me want to quit but stuck it out and enjoyed it in the end.

Gears on my Triban still annoying me. Will try and get it into a LBS this week I think but on the plus side, moved my seat up a fraction and felt more comfortable on the bike.

Quite chuffed that I managed 67 miles in my first week of preperation for Ride London. Looking forward to the better weather and longer nights. Rest day today (and probably tomorrow) out hopefully out again early Tuesday morning before work.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Had another ride out yesterday morning and managed another 20.7 miles. Wanted to stay out longer but couldn't feel my fingers or toes by the end so wussed out. http://app.strava.com/activities/41924427

Can honestly say the first 20 minutes of this ride were some of the most miserable I'd ever had on a bike. Thighs were burning after three rides and a gym session in the days before. That combined with freezing weather, light snow and a head wind made me want to quit but stuck it out and enjoyed it in the end.

Gears on my Triban still annoying me. Will try and get it into a LBS this week I think but on the plus side, moved my seat up a fraction and felt more comfortable on the bike.

Quite chuffed that I managed 67 miles in my first week of preperation for Ride London. Looking forward to the better weather and longer nights. Rest day today (and probably tomorrow) out hopefully out again early Tuesday morning before work.

This is the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom