Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bainy16

You seemed plenty fit enough to me mate, with me I don't think it's a question of fitness can keep up with most on the flat, it's my weight, think I will have to shed a stone or so before our Snake Pass ride.
Good little club forming there, just need to watch out for the 2 old boys in the hi viz gear they were lethal, will try to keep away from them until their group riding improves.
lol yes i pulled at side of them a few time then it was like they wanted me out of there way so i moved over they was all over the road also sat on his wheel for a while before he decided to pull on the bikes near a pot hole without prior warning.....must avoid them on next ride, sure Mick had a few words with them if he didn't i'll mention it on the next ride.i'm same need to shift aleast another stone to give me better chance a climbing also want to get few more miles in Max i've done in single ride is just short of 60

Speedball

Well back from my first ride out and quite pleased with how it went. 14.3 miles in literally just over an hour (average speed 14.11mph). Just kept it to a fairly flat course to start with (only 105ft elevation) but it was enough to get the heart pumping - http://app.strava.com/activities/41394316

Could certainly feel it at times and I don't think I'll be responsible for fathering any children in the next few hours at least but at least my training is under way :becool:

I only nipped out for one purpose this Harwood Av (The bend)
I created it to see my improvements and someone has been stealing my local KOM and as Simon will agree with me he seems to have the sole purpose of taking them, this is an incredibly short segment a sharp bend on a steepish climb (well it is when you have don 20-30 miles, anyway my previous best on it was 7.6mph and 29's today I did 18.5mph and 12's lets see him take that back. avg grade was 6.7%
I also created a longer section School Rd/ Harwood Av up just to level the playing field. best previous 9.8mph in 1:07 and today 13.4mph in 0:49.
Normally when I do it I have come up from further down the hill Harewood Av Climb, but I noticed he came in from part way up the hill, so I thought I would give it ago with fresh legs, as he only seems to do about 10 miles. I did strip the bike of some weight.

Looks like someone has set up a new strava segment on my commuter route

http://app.strava.com/segments/3458084

:becool:
Nice KOM Chris

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Do you guys use veloviewer
I love it, for me the "check for new segments" function is the best bit so I can see if I've picked up any new top 10's or as is more usual bottom 10's

All the time, though it hasn't seen this segment yet. I was on Strava and saw your comment and when I clicked on the ride that segment was at the top.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I have just seen why the times are so good, School road comes in part way up the segment, and it being so short it registers

I keep getting one of those, there is a flyover over a roundabout that has a segment on it. I get a segment time every time I go around the roundabout, the roundabout route is longer and slower though. Just noticed that Strava thinks I had a maximum speed of 47.8mph today, I wish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom