Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!
How do you join the Strava group

+1

Kins

Über Member
Riding round again looking like a scrap man, with one frame strapped to my backpack and 2 sets of knackered bars taped round my front bars. Pockets and backpack filled with sundry bike related bits and pieces. Got some very strange looks! :wacko:

8 or 9 miles done today and missed all the rain showers so it was very pleasant cycling, temperature seemed to be up 4 or 5 degrees today.

Riding round again looking like a scrap man, with one frame strapped to my backpack and 2 sets of knackered bars taped round my front bars. Pockets and backpack filled with sundry bike related bits and pieces. Got some very strange looks! :wacko:

8 or 9 miles done today and missed all the rain showers so it was very pleasant cycling, temperature seemed to be up 4 or 5 degrees today.
Lucky you, it was tad colder here and a little more windy 4mph.
Ride to the hospital I had to take a diversion (accident at the M62 Junction Castleford/Pontefract)
http://app.strava.com/activities/38613562
and the ride home just couldn't get going, mind I did only get 3hrs sleep.
http://app.strava.com/activities/38613568

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Had several inches of snow here again. Spent half an hour at the end of my dog walk helping push cars that were sliding everywhere, BMW,s being the worst!

In anticipation of more wet, mucky weather to come I had a bit of an impulse n+1 moment and pressed buy on one of these hoping it will make a reasonable winter trainer as it is supposed to take mudguards.
http://www.formebikes.co.uk/bikes/road/longcliffe3fe.php

Had several inches of snow here again. Spent half an hour at the end of my dog walk helping push cars that were sliding everywhere, BMW,s being the worst!

In anticipation of more wet, mucky weather to come I had a bit of an impulse n+1 moment and pressed buy on one of these hoping it will make a reasonable winter trainer as it is supposed to take mudguards.
http://www.formebikes.co.uk/bikes/road/longcliffe3fe.php
Well apart from them being rear wheel drive, it might be the drivers.

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!

philinmerthyr

Über Member
I've been stuck on 999.1 miles on Strava for 12 days.

The snow is melting so tomorrow I get to the 1k miles. It's taken under 4 months.

I need to up my mileage to cover the 2 weeks with just 2 turbo rides.

RWright

Guru
The bad weather hit here today. It started earlier than first anticipated. We got what the weather service calls"wintry mix", I call it sleet and freezing rain. :smile: Lots of crashes on the roads.

Work today took longer than I had hoped so no riding for me today. It is -2c here now, they expect it to freeze hard tonight but tomorrow they are calling for 8c so I may get a ride in tomorrow afternoon. By Monday they are saying temperature up to around 21c.:wacko: Crazy weather.

I am really hoping to get 400 miles for this month. It is going to be close now.

The bad weather hit here today. It started earlier than first anticipated. We got what the weather service calls"wintry mix", I call it sleet and freezing rain. :smile: Lots of crashes on the roads.

Work today took longer than I had hoped so no riding for me today. It is -2c here now, they expect it to freeze hard tonight but tomorrow they are calling for 8c so I may get a ride in tomorrow afternoon. By Monday they are saying temperature up to around 21c.:wacko: Crazy weather.

I am really hoping to get 400 miles for this month. It is going to be close now.
Just a bit, mind we get it like that, though not as extreme, I dont think I will be out later today, we've had about 4"

RWright

Guru
Just a bit, mind we get it like that, though not as extreme, I dont think I will be out later today, we've had about 4"
4" would be a big deal here. Most drivers are not used to driving in snow here since we don't get much. If you ride be careful. It is not me so much that I worry about but drivers in the bad conditions. It would be tough riding however, roads are pretty slick. I had a little trouble getting my truck up my driveway when I got home.

Their the same here, though i think with the winters we have in recent years they are getting better.
There was a nasty accident on the way to the hospital this morning, I dont think weather related as the roads were clear at the time, so i had to take a detour, i wasn't going through the park/racecourse as it was still covered in snow from earlier in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom