RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2015) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
The Strava route says 6,070 ft but my mate who did it in 2013 only recorded 4, 200 on his Garmin. I think his was a marginally different route but who is right?

neither!

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
@w00hoo_kent - Yeah good point, might have to just bring the For Goodness Shakes mix and get the missus to bring along some long life milk with her!

@vickster - as @DaveReading said I'm getting the bike transported back to the Olympic Park as I'm staying a second night at the Premier Inn, hence why I'll have change of clothes in the back I'll pick up when I finish.

Barriers are up in Richmond Park, looking like whichever forecast you look at, we won't be (hopefully) having a repeat of this early evening weather...

63ufZKZl.jpg

sleaver

Veteran
The Strava route says 6,070 ft but my mate who did it in 2013 only recorded 4, 200 on his Garmin. I think his was a marginally different route but who is right?
As I'm right because on top of getting soaked, I fell off a cliff, rode under water and climbed back up with my bare hands the other side :training: I defined MTFU ^_^

Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 20.20.54.png

Serious though, it is what it is so just enjoy the day :smile:

Norry1

Legendary Member
What? Not even for a pee? You must be much younger then me :whistle:

Nope not even for a pee. If you are limited on the drink you carry - it tends to help! I can usually go 5 hours without anyway.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
@Nomadski You know you shouldn't be replacing stuff this close without doing a long ride as you don't want it to fail ;)

Yeah its a rule I normally stick to, but the bar tape Pearsons put on really is rubbish. I was putting up with the skinny tape, but then on my Italian jaunt the hire bike had lovely fat soft tape on like my old Cannondale tape and when I went back on my bike it was just...urgh.

It needs to be removed and burnt for the good of humanity.

sleaver

Veteran
@Nomadski Just read the email from RideLondon about the weekend and apparently Pearsons will be providing the support at the drinks station in Richmond Park. Would you recommend them :smile:

It does also look like Mavic provide support but not everywhere.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
@Nomadski Just read the email from RideLondon about the weekend and apparently Pearsons will be providing the support at the drinks station in Richmond Park. Would you recommend them :smile:

It does also look like Mavic provide support but not everywhere.

Heh, actually Pearsons did a great job with my service, they finally sorted the gearing out which others hadn't been able to fix despite indexing and all the rest. Just next time I go I'll be bringing my own bar tape! :tongue:

sleaver

Veteran
Also picked up some Lezyne lights for a tenner
I brought some last year but not sure where they are now. Good to know though considering I have to leave the hotel before sunrise :cursing::tired::smile:

Did they have C02 cartridges as well? Need to stock up on those after I thought it would be a good idea to try and use one with a presta valve still screwed in :banghead:

Top Bottom