RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2015) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sleaver

Veteran
Has anyone not received an email with their start time? I've got mine but my husband's hasn't arrived yet (although his registration form has). The helpline recorded message says they are sending them out but I'm starting to get a bit worried!
I think everyone here has had theirs. They started sending them again last Thursday/Friday in batches and I would have thought they would of sent them now. Even if it is just to put your mind at rest and give them a call on 020 7902 0212 and choose option 0 (unless it has changed) to speak to someone.

Yes, you will. Sunrise is at 5.26 that day according to the magazine sent
I was going to "like" your reply as a thank you, but I don't really "like" the thought of getting up so early that I need lights to get to the start :laugh:

So I'll just say, thank you :smile:

sleaver

Veteran
Obvious question, have you checked you junk folders?

If it helps, the subject is "IMPORTANT - 2015 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 - Transport Options booking form"

For those who have filled in the transport options, did it seam like you was creating a new account? I can't remember from last year.

katymac

Obvious question, have you checked you junk folders?

If it helps, the subject is "IMPORTANT - 2015 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 - Transport Options booking form"

For those who have filled in the transport options, did it seam like you was creating a new account? I can't remember from last year.

Thanks sleaver and rvw, he's checked every folder and there's nothing there! I think he will have to stay on the phone until he can talk to a real person.

sleaver

Veteran
I was wondering when it would start on social media!

Go to some disused aerodrome ....there is more than enough of you sanctimonious Lycra enclosed clowns on a normal day without closing down central London ....bikes are for children....you grow up and you buy a car......roads are for cars

azir

Having read this thread I'm getting increasingly nervous about my ridiculously early start time - I had thought I was expected to get there in the middle of the night because I am such a slow, slow cyclist that I need all the time I can get (this is true) but it seems like the fast folk go first so am I lumped in with a load of super fast, hill-flying, wow-amaze folk? Will I be eaten alive?! I am going to go on my first (yes, yes I know) training ride on Saturday...

sleaver

Veteran
I had thought I was expected to get there in the middle of the night because I am such a slow, slow cyclist that I need all the time I can get (this is true)
What is your start time and what did you put as your estimate for how long it would take you?

Will I be eaten alive?
Yes.......................joking :smile:

If your not as fast as everyone else around you, just stay to the left, listen out for others warning you they are there and where if needed (done to warn you, not to tell you to get out the way) and I'm sure you will be fine :okay:

I am going to go on my first (yes, yes I know) training ride on Saturday...
Whats the longest distance you have done recently?

vickster

Legendary Member
Look on the bright side, you have loads of time to complete the course if you have an early start...unlike me! It is a bit odd that the slower riders, I think I said 7 hours about 2 years ago, in a rare time of relative health when I was managing 14-15mph in traffic, get such late starts!

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Look on the bright side, you have loads of time to complete the course if you have an early start...unlike me! It is a bit odd that the slower riders, I think I said 7 hours about 2 years ago, in a rare time of relative health when I was managing 14-15mph in traffic, get such late starts!

Well on a safety aspect, it makes total sense. Its just unfortunate that those who need the most time, get the least. Totally understandable why they do it like this though.

vickster

Legendary Member
Surely people should just be able to ride with consideration for others. Slower to the left, faster to the right, have the whole road ultimately

After all it's not a race ;)

sleaver

Veteran
It's no different in running and any accidents would cause less "damage". Faster runners go first and there is still a cut off time because roads have to reopen.

Staying to the left is something people should do anyway but they don't. Also, you can be considerate at what ever speed you go. How do you enforce that for 25k riders over a 100 mile route though?

You are right, it isn't a race. But just because someone is going faster than someone else, doesn't mean they are racing. I also hope the whole "race" thing ends here as quite frankly, that whole discussion got boring last year especially when it got to the point of certain people accusing others of racing just because they said they had a personal target time.

What hasn't been mentioned is that a minimum speed is quite clearly published. So, should anyone be doing it if they know they can't meet what has been set by the organisers? <puts tin hat on>

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
It's no different in running and any accidents would cause less "damage". Faster runners go first and there is still a cut off time because roads have to reopen.

Staying to the left is something people should do anyway but they don't. Also, you can be considerate at what ever speed you go. How do you enforce that for 25k riders over a 100 mile route though?

You are right, it isn't a race. But just because someone is going faster than someone else, doesn't mean they are racing. I also hope the whole "race" thing ends here as quite frankly, that whole discussion got boring last year especially when it got to the point of certain people accusing others of racing just because they said they had a personal target time.

What hasn't been mentioned is that a minimum speed is quite clearly published. So, should anyone be doing it if they know they can't meet what has been set by the organisers? <puts tin hat on>

Quite. I hope everyone goes out and enjoys the day for whatever reason brought them to this in the first place. For me, I have the closed road bug. There is quite frankly nothing like cycling on roads closed, and with some support from the sidelines the buzz gets greater. There will however be very serious types out, in full trains, heads down. I would rather they were in front of me, than closing behind me as I would rather swing out to take a nice line round a corner without fear of an overly aggressive big shout from Ajax or some other group thinking the day is for them alone!

I shouldn't enter this discussion. I have a PB to beat... ;)

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm slow and I started Velo Wales early with the fast ones. I had no problem whatsoever. I kept to the left and the main body of the ride was in the middle, enjoying full use of the road. Consideration cuts both ways, both for faster and slower riders.

Rustybucket

Veteran
Quite. I hope everyone goes out and enjoys the day for whatever reason brought them to this in the first place. For me, I have the closed road bug. There is quite frankly nothing like cycling on roads closed, and with some support from the sidelines the buzz gets greater. There will however be very serious types out, in full trains, heads down. I would rather they were in front of me, than closing behind me as I would rather swing out to take a nice line round a corner without fear of an overly aggressive big shout from Ajax or some other group thinking the day is for them alone!

I shouldn't enter this discussion. I have a PB to beat... ;)

What time are you aiming for?? Im in the same boat about actually enjoying the closed road event but also want to beat my best 100mile time!!!

Top Bottom