RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
If I can make it in time I might try the omnium races tomorrow...
I've signed up for the omnium. I'll be crap, but hey another experience to tell the great grandkids about!

perswe

Über Member
I'll go for the super long 10k. So elimination first, sprint, itt and then scratch upon that. Hmm...maybe I should also do the shorter one. I wonder how scratch works in rgt....

shimceltic

Veteran
In the 1st omnioum it's 2 laps then every lap after the last 2 people out? Are the 1st 2 laps at a slow pace or will it be full speed from the start?

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
Rats I've got something else at 18:30/19:30 so I'll just do the elimination race. It's annoying that some places (rgtdb) show times in utc and others (phone app) in local time. It's confusing for old people!

Norry1

Legendary Member
Every race (and group rides) I've done on rgt have had brutal starts. I can see this start being worse :laugh:

I signed my wife (Wendy) up last week and she did her first Group Ride today. It was badged as an easy recovery ride. She span up to the signed 1.5 w/kg at the start, and the poloton disappeared into the distance. A couple of guys dropped back and acted as sweepers and she had a good 48 minute ride in the end (at 1.7 w/kg) - but looks like a race start at the next one is required.

kipster

Guru
Group rides tend to settle down after the rush of blood to the head at the start. Although like other platforms some people think everything is a race and pump out 4wkg in a 2wkg ride

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
I signed my wife (Wendy) up last week and she did her first Group Ride today. It was badged as an easy recovery ride. She span up to the signed 1.5 w/kg at the start, and the poloton disappeared into the distance. A couple of guys dropped back and acted as sweepers and she had a good 48 minute ride in the end (at 1.7 w/kg) - but looks like a race start at the next one is required.
I think Lou's rides on Saturday and Sunday are the most social. Big field and some guys racing it, but it seems the vast majority are just along for the ride and groups form up at all levels. I did a couple when getting to know the platform and they might be just the thing for Wendy.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I think Lou's rides on Saturday and Sunday are the most social. Big field and some guys racing it, but it seems the vast majority are just along for the ride and groups form up at all levels. I did a couple when getting to know the platform and they might be just the thing for Wendy.

Thanks mate - I'll give her that suggestion.

She enjoyed it anyway - even if it nearly killed her :smile:

shimceltic

Veteran
I did the Sunday social ride and missed a big train, sat with a few at the advertised pace but not many people about so I picked my way through untill I got To a decent size group. I'm sure there would have been plenty at the back also.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Well I didn't expect this to arrive so quickly :smile:

20210126_155155.jpg

Top Bottom