RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
Apparently the elimination race does start fast and the professional advice for new comers is funny be in the last two!

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
How does collision breaking work?
Basically in some situations it stops you riding into the back of somebody. If you are going faster than them but not fast enough to overtake it slows you down. I've noticed this on a climb, sat behind somebody, wanting to come through for my turn but not enough to overtake so I just sit behind unless I make a real effort. Also if the person in front of you slows, when for example approaching a corner, and there isn't room for you to go anywhere then it brakes you. If you are in a big group and the way in front of you is blocked by people and there is no space to the side of them then if you increase power you will stay where you are and the power figure will go red. I think in general if the power fidgure goes red you need to ease up....slightly. Ease up a lot and you'll be shot out the back!
This is what I think, but like all of us I'm still learning. I am getting better at the feathering the power to not go right to the front of a group and so save energy. This helps reduce the yoyo effect.

shimceltic

Veteran
Jesus that was hard 31st out of over 90 but at lap 25 I couldn't hold the pace.
500m sprint next...

perswe

Über Member
I was 7th on the TT I think and maybe 17th or on the long last one. Sadly I missed the elimimation due to the rgt upgrade...so that meant I wss more fresh than other paricipants for the TT which was a bit in may favour. But man that TT was tough...and the scratch with all the curve breaking was mentally hard...missed the start entirely and was among the last (of 40ish) and had to fight myself up the field. Power on off all the way for 15 minutes...

perswe

Über Member
I saw you did well in the elimination! I was looking forward to that one...was it as nervy? Must have been difficult to know where you are in the field...

shimceltic

Veteran
I saw you did well in the elimination! I was looking forward to that one...was it as nervy? Must have been difficult to know where you are in the field...
You can see your rank at the side. I ended up in the 2nd group and after about 12 laps noticed the 1st group wasn't that far infront so did a big effort and managed to get into it. Not got a clue on corners etc but stayed in the group and at 1 point I was contemplating a massive effort to pull away and lap everyone to win, while I was thinking of that I realised my legs didn't agree and after 25 laps realised my race was done.

perswe

Über Member
All in all I think it was a fun concept...4 short races in different formats. 80+ participants and the heart boiling, lungs collapsing and legs fell off. Apparently they do a series of these things, so look out for it! @AndyMacca this should be something also for you and all other power houses...

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
All in all I think it was a fun concept...4 short races in different formats. 80+ participants and the heart boiling, lungs collapsing and legs fell off. Apparently they do a series of these things, so look out for it! @AndyMacca this should be something also for you and all other power houses...
I had great fun in the elimination race and was well pleased with 17th. Yes it's a fun series and happens every Tuesday evening, though I think the format changes each week. Great results last night @perswe, @AndyMacca you'd love it, the perfect event for you guys. For the next couple of months I have a commitment half an hour after it starts but I'll join each week for as many events as I can. This is what bkool should have been doing and we couldn't do there because of the limitations of the platform.

Top Bottom